News Forum - Phuket Entertainment and Night life still booming | Thaiger Stories

Thaiger

25 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Actually Tin & Rubber were just about done here when Tourism showed up just in time ! 

There are tens on millions of rubber trees in Thailand!

Have a look around Rayong for example. I drove past the rubber tree forests every day in 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vlad said:

What exactly have all these comments about expats or visa's got to do with Phuket's booming night life ?

What has anything written on these sites got to do with anything really, we are not the BBC?

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:45 PM, JamesR said:

"Means anyone, temporarily or permanently, working or retired,  living outside their home country..."

So a tourists are expats then seeing as they are living here temporrily?

Obviously not, as they are still living in their home country….. and are not “working or retired” . Just as English day trippers to France or Weekend City Breakers to New York , or Business Trippers, are also not “expats” under your proposal, just for avoidance of doubt.🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What has anything written on these sites got to do with anything really, we are not the BBC?

Recalls “‘does anybody really know what time it is ?“ ( 60s pop song)….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamesR said:

There are tens on millions of rubber trees in Thailand!

Have a look around Rayong for example. I drove past the rubber tree forests every day in 2019. 

In Phuket , Tin Mining & Large Rubber Plantations & Large Fishing Industry had disappeared as uneconomic just when Tourism showed up here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The UK played a very small part  against the Japanese, Russia nil, it was 99% USA military which defeated Japan.

Russia produced its own tanks, aeroplanes and other war supplies by moving their factories piece by piece a thousand miles East, where they built three times the tanks and aeroplanes the Germans had and later in the was easily had the Germans on the run pushing them West starting in June 1943, the Brits/USA did not arrive in any real force until 1944.

One thing I do know is my 2nd WW history, what you are coming out with is propaganda fed to the masses at the time and since due to the onset of the cold war. 

You clearly don’t understand anything much about WW2.
You also ignore my points about sea & air war, for which Russia was simply not equipped or able, so left that to UK / USA. 
UK / USA invaded Italy mid 43 after pushing Germans out of North Africa who were ultimately threatening Russias southern flank.

UK / India destroyed way more Jap Army troops in massive land battles in Burma than Americans / Chinese combined. British Pacific Fleet June 1944 to Aug 1945 had six aircraft carriers. Took ALL Allies to beat Fascism and certainly NOT Russia & USA alone.Australia & Canada made large contributions too. 

Russia had but ONE simple job in WW2 ; to destroy the main German Army in the field which they did well but only with huge Western factory / railway / city bombing & material support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

In Phuket , Tin Mining & Large Rubber Plantations & Large Fishing Industry had disappeared as uneconomic just when Tourism showed up here.

I see 'here' means Phuket, not Thailand, I am suppose to guess where 'here' is?

You clearly don’t understand anything much about WW2.
You also ignore my points about sea & air war, for which Russia was simply not equipped or able, so left that to UK / USA. 
UK / USA invaded Italy mid 43 after pushing Germans out of North Africa who were ultimately threatening Russias southern flank.

UK / India destroyed way more Jap Army troops in massive land battles in Burma than Americans / Chinese combined. British Pacific Fleet June 1944 to Aug 1945 had six aircraft carriers. Took ALL Allies to beat Fascism and certainly NOT Russia & USA alone.Australia & Canada made large contributions too. 

Russia had but ONE simple job in WW2 ; to destroy the main German Army in the field which they did well but only with huge Western factory / railway / city bombing & material support.

Total nonsense, that is all I can say.

• Haha 2

Obviously not, as they are still living in their home country….. and are not “working or retired” . Just as English day trippers to France or Weekend City Breakers to New York , or Business Trippers, are also not “expats” under your proposal, just for avoidance of doubt.🤣

It wasn't a proposal, if you noticed there was a question mark at the end of the sentence.

• Like 1

Note from Moderators

Topic has been closed off for any further postings. Several lazy members have simply hijacked the topic under discussion to simply have their own unrelated discussion about ww2 etc  rather than create a separate topic of their own.

Whilst some minor off topic discussion can occur, members should quickly return to the topic of the thread. It is that which is being discussed. Create you own thread for discussion if you wish to discuss or seek assistance from the Moderators to do so.

Members are warned that any future hijacking of topics in the manner that has happened on this thread will not be tolerated. 

• Cool 1