News Forum - Phuket Entertainment and Night life still booming | Thaiger Stories

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/hQ_Ll4_VKqc We visit the famous Bangla walking street to have a look at how the entertainment venues and night life is in Phuket currently. Is it the same as it was back in 2019 and how hard has the pandemic impacted the world famous Bangla street. Join Jay as he paints a picture of what’s really happening in Bangla right now in Phuket, Thailand.

The story Phuket Entertainment and Night life still booming | Thaiger Stories as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Rain said:

Might want to focus on real things that impact Thais overall. 

In 2019 tourism represented over 20% of Thailand's GDP, and Phuket is almost totally dependant on tourism.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

In 2019 tourism represented over 20% of Thailand's GDP, and Phuket is almost totally dependant on tourism.  

A myth that's repeated over and again.

23 minutes ago, Paco said:

They should check how many officials benefit from having phuket open.. it stinks

Impossible.  Not only are they never accountable for saying things like "90 cases in a week and we close the sandbox" (400 a day now), but they are never held accountable for anything. Same as the Junta Govt - totally immune to criticism because they know they will never will be held accountable. 

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

Impossible.  Not only are they never accountable for saying things like "90 cases in a week and we close the sandbox" (400 a day now), but they are never held accountable for anything. Same as the Junta Govt - totally immune to criticism because they know they will never will be held accountable. 

Nice you pointed out the facts regarding the 90 cases so people do not forget....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paco said:

Nice you pointed out the facts regarding the 90 cases so people do not forget....

Expats are like elephants - we never forget.  Thais on the other hand ....................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Expats are like elephants - we never forget.  Thais on the other hand ....................

On the contrary - expats are more akin to a buffalo, in more ways than one. 🤨

2 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Went in 1996 thought it was dreadful, expensive and too hot, what changed?

What happened since 1996 is 95% of the Isaan girly bars have been replaced by hotels and shops as all that low life has moved to Pattaya, now most of the tourists are families, couples or groups.

We are glad it is more expensive than Pattaya etc as it keeps the riff riff away.

Hot? Everywhere in Thailand is hot, go to the North Pole if you want cold.

The minority of the farangs in Phuket are so called 'expats', they as usual mope about and complain about the place, we avoid them as much as possible. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Officials in every country have shifted advice, changed policies, and are all grasping for a solution or appearance of doing something. 

Point to a country whose response is universally applauded or that has not changed with any developments in vaccines or consideration for the harms these restrictions cause? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What happened since 1996 is 95% of the Isaan girly bars have been replaced by hotels and shops as all that low life has moved to Pattaya, now most of the tourists are families, couples or groups.

We are glad it is more expensive than Pattaya etc as it keeps the riff riff away.

The minority of the farangs in Phuket are so called 'expats', they as usual mope about and complain about the place, we avoid them as much as possible. 

What an upper nonsense you write and by the way so the majority of the farangs have a Thai passport or why they are not called expats?! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Hot? Everywhere in Thailand is hot

You can find year round pleasant temps throughout the mountainous communities - winters will be found downright cold.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

So you are a Thai then? Not an expat. Must be hard for you 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

What an upper nonsense you write and by the way so the majority of the farangs have a Thai passport or why they are not called expats?! 

What a load of nonsense you write, I have never seen a farang with a Thai passport, people who have been on one year visas for a few years call themselves 'expats' but they have no more rights or security than I do on my shorter holiday visas (six months normally).

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

So you are a Thai then? Not an expat. Must be hard for you 

No I am a British farang, I normally stay in Thailand six months a year under normal circumstances but I avoid the people calling themselves expats as all they do is moan about the country thinking they should be entitled for some reason. 

• Like 1

Well I think Jay's visit to Bangla shows  small signs of hope. I would not call it busy in the traditional sense, but it's  good to see. 

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

No I am a British farang, I normally stay in Thailand six months a year under normal circumstances but I avoid the people calling themselves expats as all they do is moan about the country thinking they should be entitled for some reason. 

Oh ok, I do a very similar thing. I don’t like to generalise, but I know the kind of people you mean. Only thing I would say is this…..  Its one thing to come and go and see Thailand as a place for an extended holiday. A place that although you may have invested much, you haven’t fully committed your life to the place only to find things change around you. Remember that some of these guys have no easy way to return to their home country. They sold up years ago, moved their whole life to the place they thought was their future life, only for it to turn sour on them. A return “home” for many would mean living in a rented apartment with a very tight budget and the prospect of Northern European winters. 

Many of these guys were not particularly well travelled or experienced in other cultures. They came to Thailand for holidays. Spent the day chilling on the beach and the evenings partying. You can’t do that 365 days a year when you live in Thailand. It’s either too expensive, too boring, or both. When you settle in a foreign country and live a “normal life”, that’s when the shortcomings and differences of culture come in to stark contrast. That’s when you start to notice the things that frustrate you and the whole thing snowballs. 

I always tell anyone thinking of getting fully committed to Thailand to stop and think. If they still think it’s a great idea, they should stop and think again! For many, the exact opposite is the outcome of their move. It’s a dream come true, often with the love of their life and in a culture that sits well with their underlying character. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Vince said:

Officials in every country have shifted advice, changed policies, and are all grasping for a solution or appearance of doing something. 

Point to a country whose response is universally applauded or that has not changed with any developments in vaccines or consideration for the harms these restrictions cause? 

Sweden has very much stayed with the same approach since the pandemic started. Socially isolate the elderly (70+) not working, everyone practice social distancing, everyone get vaccinated, masks very rarely mandated.  Even now while everyone in Europe has been getting huge numbers of new infections and deaths, Sweden is well behind the curve for ICU and Deaths.  

• Like 2