News Forum - Change of mood over Covid restrictions as demands rise to reboot Test & Go

Thaiger

There’s a change of mood in some government circles as plans are afoot to ease some current restrictions imposed since the emergence of the Omicron variant of Covid-19. The CCSA will meet again next Friday to consider the current restrictions and curbs to control the spread of Covid-19. Now, the Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is publicly noting the low numbers of hospital admissions and people in ICU, despite a surge in Omicron cases since Christmas and New Year activities.  He told Bangkok Post that the number of people with severe symptoms on ventilators or in intensive care units is […]

The story Change of mood over Covid restrictions as demands rise to reboot Test & Go as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Whilst health authorities are softening their tone about restrictions, some ministers appear to have simply lost the appetite for dragging out the list of restrictions much longer – there is an election sometime next year.

Yeap, in Thailand and a countless number of other countries, decisions are pretty much more and more about politic, less and less about health, none of these two matters by the way should be used to take away basic freedom.

• Like 5

Seem to be wanting to move the goalposts again and unsure as to what they want to do [again].

Assuredly, creating more confusion than there already is.

Mr. Heinecke is correct, almost every other country is allowing people to enter with proof of vaccination and booster cards or whatever health declaration that so countries government is using and a COVID test on arrival. In America we’re dealing with COVID as endemic and people are back to work. This last 2 years has been hard on everyone financially and with the rising costs for food, fuel and basic living needs tourism creates jobs and helps support people to live. 

Thank You

Marvin

• Like 3

On 1/15/2022 at 4:21 PM, Manu said:

Yeap, in Thailand and a countless number of other countries, decisions are pretty much more and more about politic, less and less about health, none of these two matters by the way should be used to take away basic freedom.

i have no idea what you are talking about in regards to basic freedom within thailand.  no basic freedom has been taken away from me and in fact i have enjoyed more freedom in th during the past year (except the 14nt asq) then in melbourne where i was actually restricted.

2021 visited  hua hin 6 plus times, pattaya, bang saan,bang saray chiang mai area 2 plus each  kao yai nat park, ko chang 1 time   i am sure i have forgotten a few

Please explain to me how my basic freedom has been taken away in thailand? 🥱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 11:53 AM, Ynwaps said:

Test & Go is useless considering how fast the virus is spreading despite all measures.

All quarantine is useless for incoming tourists. Even if you are in a hotel room for 14 days, the moment you step out, there is a good chance that you will be exposed to Omicron. 

The only requirements there should be are an antigen test prior to departure and proof of vaccination.

I am vaxxed and was boosted with Moderna three weeks prior to my arrival in Thailand. Just over two weeks into my stay, I had mild symptoms and tested positive. Almost everyone will get it. Enough financial pain.

Edited by stevenkongju
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

change of mood when they realize all that tourist money lost for the high season, but then again the Thai Government doesn't care.  They want to keep their population poor and dependent, much easier to control that way, also they will be too poor and no energy to protest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thommo said:

i have no idea what you are talking about in regards to basic freedom within thailand.  no basic freedom has been taken away from me and in fact i have enjoyed more freedom in th during the past year (except the 14nt asq) then in melbourne where i was actually restricted.

2021 visited  hua hin 6 plus times, pattaya, bang saan,bang saray chiang mai area 2 plus each  kao yai nat park, ko chang 1 time   i am sure i have forgotten a few

Never mind. Most don't know nor ever have.

5 hours ago, gundam0315 said:

change of mood when they realize all that tourist money lost for the high season, but then again the Thai Government doesn't care.  They want to keep their population poor and dependent, much easier to control that way, also they will be too poor and no energy to protest.

Look at all the sheep wearing masks while riding their bike , not a single soul daring do disobey. Society here is lost. Long live the military dictatorship 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

Look at all the sheep wearing masks while riding their bike , not a single soul daring do disobey. Society here is lost. Long live the military dictatorship 

You have lost the plot.  If your actually in Thailand you would know that it is mandatory to wear a mask while outdoors and even while riding your motorbike and even driving your car with a passenger inside of it.  Calling people Sheep is also very derogatory, no ones calling you any names now are they?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You have lost the plot.  If your actually in Thailand you would know that it is mandatory to wear a mask while outdoors and even while riding your motorbike and even driving your car with a passenger inside of it.  Calling people Sheep is also very derogatory, no ones calling you any names now are they?

Indeed. The casting of stereotypical generalizations is quite alarming amongst this crowd. 

2 hours ago, Ynwaps said:

*clutches pearls--hides under bed*....writes last will on a roll of TP......someone please feed my goldfish...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thommo said:

Read my comment again, you obviously misunderstood it, that’s not what I said at all. I believe so, your response I do not get cause you are talking about something I do not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manu said:

Read my comment again, you obviously misunderstood it, that’s not what I said at all. I believe so, your response I do not get cause you are talking about something I do not.

Cuz your initial post started from the wrong assumption that they have taken away any basic freedoms. We're in times of a pandemic and it is what is. In 1918 with the Spanish flu it was mandatory to wear masks (as a matter of fact you could go to jail if you didn't) and there were also entry/exit restrictions in certain countries. Yet a few years later everything returned to normal. Same will happen now. 

For Manu only: Pareces Paco Martínez Soria yendo de cuñado a aleccionar el gobierno de Tailandia sobre libertades. Como siempre, dando mal nombre a los expat y a los españoles... ¡quédate en España coño!

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

God,  you people are so insufferably miserable......

Lots of Walt's on here, eh Marc?

Not a bit like you though, Mr Perfect.

Go to bed, you're getting a bit rude.

😉

• Haha 2

Well...in the mix of this insightful and wise commentary, the plus for many might be reinstalling the TP/T&G program to it original glory. 🤨

Hope springs eternal. 

Suckers.😘

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Well...in the mix of this insightful and wise commentary, the plus for many might be reinstalling the TP/T&G program to it original glory. 🤨

Hope springs eternal. 

Suckers.😘

Or the fact that one of the most influential hotel owners is lobbying the govt 

So that all the restrictions people have been whining about may be 3ased

But nah, let's all just keep whinging 

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Faraday said:

Lots of Walt's on here, eh Marc?

Not a bit like you though, Mr Perfect.

Go to bed, you're getting a bit rude.

😉

So you thinks it's good for a forum to have a positive news story, a story about possibly lifting some of the restrictions people have been complaining about

A story that one of the most influential hotel owners in the entire country is lobbying the govt 

You think it's good to have all the moaners commenting?

Nothing but negative comments expect one person that can see the positive 

That's good for a forum??

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Or the fact that one of the most influential hotel owners is lobbying the govt 

So that all the restrictions people have been whining about may be 3ased

But nah, let's all just keep whinging 

It'll pass eventually.....