Jump to content

News Forum - Phuket has surging Covid-19, but 95% of infections are mild


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Phuket is experiencing a surge in new Covid-19 infections, with daily figures skyrocketing to some of the highest levels since the pandemic began. But, the Deputy Director of Vachira Phuket Hospital says that there is a silver lining, because about 95% of new cases are experiencing either mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. The Deputy Director said yesterday that infections from the Omicron variant continue to quickly mount on the island province, but, as studies had promisingly suggested, the sharp rise in Omicron infections has not correlated to a parallel rise in severe illness and death from Covid-19. Local […]

The story Phuket has surging Covid-19, but 95% of infections are mild as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well shock horror, imagine that, so there's no need to fill hospitals with all you folks that have a sniffle after all ? Why didn't we think of this before, oh yeah we wanted to scam everyone. 555

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Well shock horror, imagine that, so there's no need to fill hospitals with all you folks that have a sniffle after all ? Why didn't we think of this before, oh yeah we wanted to scam everyone. 555

I'm sure that's exactly what happened. 

Two high profile officials in their office. 

Quote

 

Official 1: It's been too boring recently over here, right? 

Official 2: Oh yeah, I'm not even motivated anymore! 

Official 1: Why don't we scam everyone since we have nothing better to do? 

Official 2: Hold my beer!

 

Come on, where'd you leave your common sense?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Desperate message, drawn in the beach sand by Phuket residents, spotted by Thai Air Force medic-helicopter.

The medic-helicopter was responding to the Covid surge being experienced on the island, and had as cargo "vaccines" in sufficient quantity to "vaccinate" the entire island province.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1498832277_HelpNOT!.png.e4b77b74214b2aa2029add542746d4ac.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"95% of new cases are experiencing either mild symptoms or no symptoms at all."

Does not matter mild or not can transmit it anyway however phuket can just keep the doors open and keep on doing no matter how high it gets and other places that still not have their doors open can sit and wait and go to the shit... deeply brainless.. if it was pattaya they closed it down

 

The word mild symptoms and no symptoms  are just again excuses to justify it so they can stay open and people shut up... but in fact is bullocks

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it's no big deal after all..... Unless of course you are a foreigner. Then it's dangerous as hell and you must pay. You dirty, smelly, infectious foreigner!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thai government have been overreacting & panicking all the time. What do you expect? Besides corruption and ruining everyone lives by destroying its economy/tourism.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Phuket is experiencing a surge in new Covid-19 infections, with daily figures skyrocketing to some of the highest levels since the pandemic began. But, the Deputy Director of Vachira Phuket Hospital says that there is a silver lining, because about 95% of new cases are experiencing either mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. The Deputy Director said yesterday that infections from the Omicron variant continue to quickly mount on the island province, but, as studies had promisingly suggested, the sharp rise in Omicron infections has not correlated to a parallel rise in severe illness and death from Covid-19. Local […]

The story Phuket has surging Covid-19, but 95% of infections are mild as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's good to read positive stories about the COVID these days. 

With COVID losing its sting we should be moving back to "the new normal" soon. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe Thailand will start to wake up and realise it's now a cold and stop this ridiculous testing and isolating basically well people.... when has the world ever done anything like test test test people with no symptoms of a disease. It's complete madness and sheep behaviour

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a novel idea to verify whether a person is sick, or not.

Look for symptoms!

FACT CHECK; Correct!       prior to Covid-19TM there existed no viral respiratory pathogens which were transmissible by a person displaying no symptoms (i.e. by a person determined to be "asymptomatic")     

Edited by AMc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Robosibbo said:

Maybe Thailand will start to wake up and realise it's now a cold and stop this ridiculous testing and isolating basically well people.... when has the world ever done anything like test test test people with no symptoms of a disease. It's complete madness and sheep behaviour

The world ain't waking up any time soon. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vince said:

It's good to read positive stories about the COVID these days. 

With COVID losing its sting we should be moving back to "the new normal" soon. 

Always remember, 97% of Covid positives are false positives

 

grinning mask.png

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AMc said:

Always remember, 97% of Covid positives are false positives

grinning mask.png

Hmm not sure what that means, but ok? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thomazz59 said:

People are waking up.. Governments and big buisnesses are the same 'old sham and dance".. 

From this vantage point, doesn't appear that folks are waking up at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Rain said:

From this vantage point, doesn't appear that folks are waking up at all. 

Some of us are, and that's a start, I pray.

Seems odd that the more "woke" someone is, the less "awake" they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Vince said:

Hmm not sure what that means, but ok? 

"“if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is less than 3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/opinion/historic-portuguese-ruling-on-pcr-test-germans-holding-an-inquiry/ar-BB1e3jde

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AMc said:

"“if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is less than 3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/opinion/historic-portuguese-ruling-on-pcr-test-germans-holding-an-inquiry/ar-BB1e3jde

At first glance your link appears to be to a comment section. 

Here's a similar link to a journal on the same topic:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7934325/

Sure, there's false positives.  My article doest quite agree with yours but let's split the difference and call it 48.97%

Now what? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Vince said:

At first glance your link appears to be to a comment section. 

Here's a similar link to a journal on the same topic:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7934325/

Sure, there's false positives.  My article doest quite agree with yours but let's split the difference and call it 48.97%

Now what? 

Comment section or not, the court had ruled, with no appeal initiated.

Also, the CDC has withdrawn its request (end of Dec. 2021) for its emergency use authorization for the use of PCR tests as a diagnostic tool for detection of Covid.

Now what? How about gov'ts relinquish the choke hold they have on travel/commerce/culture/liberty, and people tear themselves away from censored youtube, television, twitter et al, give themselves (and those around them) a good shake and wake up

BTW, splitting the difference between 66.6% and 97% would be

81.8% FALSE POSITIVES. This is absolutely un-effffing-acceptable, IMVHO.

from your link;

"...for the screening scenario, ...2/3 of the positive results are false positives."

1 hour ago, AMc said:

Here's a novel idea to verify whether a person is sick, or not.

Look for symptoms!

FACT CHECK; Correct!       prior to Covid-19TM there existed no viral respiratory pathogens which were transmissible by a person displaying no symptoms (i.e. by a person determined to be "asymptomatic")     

and "follow the science".

covid truth.png

Edited by AMc
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AMc said:

Always remember, 97% of Covid positives are false positives

grinning mask.png

So when they test positive, and a couple days later have a 102 degree temperature and are on a respirator in a hospital, they dont have Covid-19, they all got Pneumonia?    What a load of crap

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rain said:

From this vantage point, doesn't appear that folks are waking up at all. 

After being in several countries over the last months and returning to Thailand it's clear to me that people here are still subdued and scared. Many countries are waking up though and it's a lot better than it was.

The cure is simple. Keep focusing on people who are actually being hospitalized or dying from the Batman Wu flue. Forget all about how many get infected. That number means nothing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use