News Forum - Thailand Pass scam: Authorities warn not to pay third party

Thaiger

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs put out a warning today via their spokesperson urging people not to be taken in by any scam attempting to charge you for registering for the Thailand Pass. The announcement came on the heels of the Covid-19 task force investigating reports of people claiming to have paid registration fees in order to apply for the Pass needed to enter Thailand First of all, the Thailand Pass programme has been suspended since December 22 along with the Test & Go entry scheme thanks to a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections as the Omicron variant takes hold […]

The story Thailand Pass scam: Authorities warn not to pay third party as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 minutes ago, AMc said:

"...the Thailand Pass programme (sic) has been suspended since December 22..."

WRONG! I just, 3 days ago, applied on behalf of a friend. Accepted, and QR code received within 24 hours.

There was a grace period extended for many....of the last couple weeks. 

The so call review is scheduled for tomorrow. In theory, they make a decision as to what program they're going with.

13 minutes ago, Rain said:

There was a grace period extended for many....of the last couple weeks. 

The so call review is scheduled for tomorrow. In theory, they make a decision as to what program they're going with.

But wasn't that just for the "Test and Go" scheme?

Thailand Pass is the only route available now, as far as I know, due to it superseding the old COE pass. In any case, Thai Immigration issued her the QR code after my applying for her.

She'll be spending 10 days in quarantine at an ASQ hotel.

I wish reporting on here was accurate- only the test and go scheme is stopped, Thailand pass can still be applied for if you want to be forced to go to Phuket and other horrid islands, or 7 day AQ solitary in Bkk or 10 days for the selfish unvaxxed etc up to you. Personally i'd rather spend 2 weeks in a hotel room than ever having to visit Phuket ever again.

Edited by Sarisin

12 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

I wish reporting on here was accurate- only the test and go scheme is stopped, Thailand pass can still be applied for if you want to be forced to go to Phuket and other horrid islands, or 7 day AQ solitary in Bkk or 10 days for the selfish unvaxxed etc up to you. Personally i'd rather spend 2 weeks in a hotel room than ever having to visit Phuket ever again.

So do I ! ...................you can only enter via the Sandbox  scheme now and BKK isn't part of the scheme.

• Haha 1