News Forum - Australia cancels Djokovic’s visa once again, Serbian tennis star to be deported

Thaiger

20 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

what a mess, Australia not making any friends. Will not be surprised is players will walk away from the tournament. interesting to see aftershocks. penal colony strikes again...

I admire them for standing up regarding someone not following the rules. He wasn't vaccinated and was found to have on lied his application about where he had been immediately before entering Australia.

Straight question (I'm not a sports fan):
Did the Aussie tennis association directly tell Djokovic he didn't need to follow the rules regarding entry into the country?
If they did, then they need prosecuting too, surely?

• Like 4

Immigration needs to carry out a body cavity search on the clown before he gets on the plane.

Preferably by the officer with sausage fingers who happens to have been stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction causing huge swelling on his hand.

Followed by some light waterboarding. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Immigration needs to carry out a body cavity search on the clown before he gets on the plane.

Preferably by the officer with sausage fingers who happens to have been stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction causing huge swelling on his hand.

Followed by some light waterboarding. 

Yes, they wouldn't want him to be smuggling out some protected Australian plants now would they? Particularly not in his bowels after consuming them. Rules is rules.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

Yes, they wouldn't want him to be smuggling out some protected Australian plants now would they?

And he won’t be going back to Australia any time soon with the 3 year ban …..

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-could-be-banned-from-australia-for-three-years-after-visa-cancellation-but-there-is-a-loophole/news-story/b24abe29f34cffe8cf7a68a690b39adb

Unless he can prove …

So next year, or in 2023, he would likely petition the government with the argument that his presence at the Australian Open would help the national interest.

Yeah Right, can see that happening!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I admire them for standing up regarding someone not following the rules. He wasn't vaccinated and was found to have on lied his application about where he had been immediately before entering Australia.

Did the Aussie tennis association directly tell Djokovic he didn't need to follow the rules regarding entry into the country?

I have friends/relos in Canberra - the word is that Tennis Australia were the 'drivers' behind all this and it was not Novaxx himself that was trying to 'get away with it'.  It was the doctor from Tennis Australia that signed the document saying that Novaxx had a medical exemption and fitted that criteria in his online application. Given that was the case, the online automatic system automatically saw that the applicant ticked all the boxes and therefore was 'approved' pending a decision by the Immigration Officer at the Border Entry.  He arrived unannounced at about midnight (as instructed?) to avoid media etc. and hoping for an 'easy' entry approval by one of the late shift Officers (no such luck).  Novaxx himself does none of these things himself - he didnt fill out the forms - everything was organised for him - he just followed instructions.  That is why he refused to take the stand and testify - if he was caught out under cross examination and found to be lying that could have meant arrest and a jail sentence and also deportation. 

I think an investigation into Tennis Australia's conduct, and maybe also the VIC Govt who supported Novaxx and TA, could well occur if there is enough evidence on the table from the two court cases.  The left-wing VIC Govt is a political 'enemy' of the right-wing Federal Govt and there are Federal elections happening later this year. Maybe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I have friends/relos in Canberra - the word is that Tennis Australia were the 'drivers' behind all this and it was not Novaxx himself that was trying to 'get away with it'.  It was the doctor from Tennis Australia that signed the document saying that Novaxx had a medical exemption and fitted that criteria in his online application. Given that was the case, the online automatic system automatically saw that the applicant ticked all the boxes and therefore was 'approved' pending a decision by the Immigration Officer at the Border Entry.  He arrived unannounced at about midnight (as instructed?) to avoid media etc. and hoping for an 'easy' entry approval by one of the late shift Officers (no such luck).  Novaxx himself does none of these things himself - he didnt fill out the forms - everything was organised for him - he just followed instructions.  That is why he refused to take the stand and testify - if he was caught out under cross examination and found to be lying that could have meant arrest and a jail sentence and also deportation. 

I think an investigation into Tennis Australia's conduct, and maybe also the VIC Govt who supported Novaxx and TA, could well occur if there is enough evidence on the table from the two court cases.  The left-wing VIC Govt is a political 'enemy' of the right-wing Federal Govt and there are Federal elections happening later this year. Maybe. 

Not sure the Victoria government had anything to do with it.

Other than that agree 100%.

56 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Personally, I'd have told them to shove the whole thing days ago. Aussies tend (at least the ones I know,maybe a dozen) to be confrontational blowhards with little to offer.

i personally have many Australian friends and i always call then "kiwi"

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

as far as i understand, Tennis association got him exemption based on covid recovery and 2 medical  bodies approved visa, then of cause, politicians stepped in... and sh$% hit the fan  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not sure the Victoria government had anything to do with it.

Other than that agree 100%.

They supported Tennis Australia in attemping to get Novaxx an exemption. Hard to prove they were part of the planning though - those pollies are very clever about being caught.

https://indaily.com.au/sport/2022/01/05/vic-govt-tennis-australia-defend-djokovic-exemption/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

as far as i understand, Tennis association got him exemption based on covid recovery and 2 medical  bodies approved visa, then of cause, politicians stepped in... and sh$% hit the fan  

exemption based on covid recovery is meant to be reserved for citizens, but either way it requires 'proof' and the documents Novaxx provided at the Border did not met the specs. The 'medical body' was in fact the chief medical officer of tennis Australia.  The Border Control Officer did not believe the documents Novaxx provided met the tests required. AND the Federal Government wrote to Tennis Australia boss Craig Tiley on two occasions stating clearly that people who were not vaccinated and had contracted COVID-19 in the past six months would not be granted quarantine-free travel to Australia. 

Australian Open 2022: Doubt cast on Novak Djokovic’s exemption in letters from federal government (theage.com.au)

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/letters-from-federal-government-cast-doubt-on-djokovic-exemption-20220106-p59mbd.html

5 hours ago, Markwick said:

He lied straight out 

they were going to let him in and bang 

caught on Insta lie ing for 3 or 4 times now

send the grub home , good job Australia no name to big un  like most of the planet 

Indeed. Getting caught in a lie about the entry rules is no joke. In this case many lies. He lost all his brownie points and assumed privilege. Too bad. “Get outta here and who cares if the door hits you in the ass on the way out!”

• Like 3

Novak Djokovic's father fuming after deportation of Serbian tennis player (msn.com)

Srdjan Djokovic took to social media to blast the Federal Court's ruling to uphold the government's decision to cancel his son's visa.

"The attempt to assassinate the best athlete in the world has ended, 50 bullets in Novak's chest," a post to his Instagram said.

Said it would be interesting what the family has to say after they chuck him out.

Drama queens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2022 at 3:31 PM, palooka said:

Novak Djokovic's father fuming after deportation of Serbian tennis player (msn.com)

Srdjan Djokovic took to social media to blast the Federal Court's ruling to uphold the government's decision to cancel his son's visa.

"The attempt to assassinate the best athlete in the world has ended, 50 bullets in Novak's chest," a post to his Instagram said.

Said it would be interesting what the family has to say after they chuck him out.

Drama queens.

Wow 50 bullets? Assassation? 

Who knew tennis 🎾 was such a dangerous game? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Someone sent me this photo. I assume it's photo-shopped, and not real?

Kangeroo.jpg

It's an authentic kangaroo chiropractor doing a 'field' spinal adjustment during a grass tennis match 

Obviously legit.

You're not from Down Under are you? 

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2022 at 1:23 AM, AussieBob said:

And we find Poolie to be an obnoxious little blowboy. 

I find his dislike for Chinese foreign policy to be entertaining. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vince said:

It's an authentic kangaroo chairopractor doing a 'field' spinal adjustment during a grass tennis match 

Obviously legit.

You're not from Down Under are you? 

That wasn't a double entendre was it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The CEO of Tennis Australia was loudly booed by the Aussie crowd when he presented Sam Stoser (our past Champion player who retired after loss). He later refused to answer questions by the media asking if he will resign for causing the Novaxx saga, and for setting up the tournament whereby the players are not regularly tested to make sure they are not positive.  Tennis Australia has since released a statement to say there will be a review of its actions after the tournament.

https://7news.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-open-organisers-criticised-for-covid-testing-scheme-amid-fears-players-positive-c-5382645

Since then, the organisers of the Australian Formula 1 race have declared that all participants must be fully vaccinated before entering Australia with no exemptions, and all participants will be regularly tested to ensure any participant testing positive is isolated as required. That declaration is made on the basis that the rules for non-citizens entering Australia remain the same in the weeks leading up to the event in early April 2022. 

7 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

He later refused to answer questions by the media asking if he will resign for causing the Novaxx saga,

Surely the next COVID variant is not going to be called Novaxx? 

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:59 PM, AussieBob said:

the online automatic system automatically saw that the applicant ticked all the boxes and therefore was 'approved' pending a decision by the Immigration Officer at the Border Entry.  He arrived unannounced at about midnight (as instructed?) to avoid media etc. and hoping for an 'easy' entry approval by one of the late shift Officers (no such luck).  Novaxx himself does none of these things himself - he didnt fill out the forms - everything was organised for him - he just followed instructions.  That is why he refused to take the stand and testify - if he was caught out under cross examination and found to be lying that could have meant arrest and a jail sentence and also deportation. 

"the online automatic system saw that the applicant ticked all the boxes"?

Not according to Djokovic, who said several times that his "agent" had ticked them and it was "human error" - just as his breaking Latvia's quarantine regulations was.

• Like 1

The reason Djokovic got sent packing from Australia was that he ……..

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

ticked all the boxes

• Haha 2