News Forum - Narcotics Control Board clarifies cannabis laws after Health Minister’s statements

Thaiger

While Thailand’s pro-cannabis Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, just insisted to Thai media that cannabis is not narcotic and even asked authorities to let residents grow and sell cannabis as it is another way for people to earn more income, the Narcotics Control Board just held a press conference yesterday saying that yes, it is still a narcotic. And only Thai citizens who have permission from the government can grow cannabis, as long as it has low traces of the psychoactive component tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. In the video press briefing, authorities from the Office of the Narcotics Control Board said […]

The story Narcotics Control Board clarifies cannabis laws after Health Minister’s statements as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

32 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

the thc oil on the market is doing more harm than just allowing flowers to be sold legally 

Please tell what harm is being done by THC oil which is not even permitted. It's already illegal, right?

• Like 1

Being from Canada, I'm glad cannabis is illegal in Thailand, it's no different than any other recreational drug, it only was legalized in my opinion because governments wanted to tax it.

I had a prescription for medical cannabis about a decade ago, only used it with a special machine for a few months so no combustion would occur (decreasing risk of lung cancer). Once it was legalized it's being abused like anything else (i.e alcohol). 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Medicinal cannabis has been proven to be beneficial to those with chronic pain. Really, that's the extent of it's legal use.

It's not as if there aren't other options for chronic pain either. 

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

While Thailand’s pro-cannabis Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, just insisted to Thai media that cannabis is not narcotic and even asked authorities to let residents grow and sell cannabis as it is another way for people to earn more income, the Narcotics Control Board just held a press conference yesterday saying that yes, it is still a narcotic. And only Thai citizens who have permission from the government can grow cannabis, as long as it has low traces of the psychoactive component tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC.

This joker never fails to amuse

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ThailandBob said:

Please tell what harm is being done by THC oil which is not even permitted. It's already illegal, right?

It's permitted for medical use and sold to anyone who asks

Is the CBD oil retrieved from marijuana plants that are grown with less than 0.2% THC affective for anything?  Is CBD oil strength in direct relation to the amount of THC these plants produce?

What is the typical "strength" of CBD oil outside of Thailand?

What is the typical "strength" of CBD used for medical marijuana purposes?

I don't get the point with Marijuana being illegal. Especially the voices about it from people who drink alcohol. 

Alcohol causes way more deaths than Marijuana. Marijuana has totally no risk of death while drinking alcohol alone could kill you already. 

In my opinion, just make it legal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was legal already, or so the neighbours told me.

They're growing plants in their garden, smoke it and use it for cooking in soups & curries, like in the good old days. Several folks in the village do.

16 hours ago, Haole.TH said:

Is the CBD oil retrieved from marijuana plants that are grown with less than 0.2% THC affective for anything?  Is CBD oil strength in direct relation to the amount of THC these plants produce?

What is the typical "strength" of CBD oil outside of Thailand?

What is the typical "strength" of CBD used for medical marijuana purposes?

CBD oil is, I think, effective by itself and doesn't need THC to work. But I think since it comes from the same plant, the THC has to be removed. Since THC is legal in some of the same places as CBD it may not make sense to make it 0% THC. So you see 30:1 ratio tinctures etc. 

Charlotte's web appears to be a high CBD, low THC strain: 

https://www.allbud.com/learn/story/top-10-highest-cbd-cannabis-strains-2021

You can look up CBD products online in countries that have it legalized , e.g.https://www.leafly.com/search?q=Cbd+oil and see varying dosage levels.