News Forum - Police find Covid-19 infected missing Russian tourist… In his own hotel room

Thaiger

After frenzied reporting on Thai news yesterday, the police manhunt for a Covid-19 positive Russian tourist thought to have escaped his Phuket Sandbox hotel is over and considered a false alarm. The police 191 hotline received notification from the Patong Parak Hotel in Phuket that the man had disappeared from his room after testing positive for Covid-19. The man was eventually found in the last place you’d think to look for him — his own hotel room. The 25 year old Russian man had been reported as a fugitive when he was found by staff not to be in his […]

The story Police find Covid-19 infected missing Russian tourist… In his own hotel room as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

32 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The man was eventually found in the last place you’d think to look for him

Definitely the last place the RTP would have searched …. Now will the Russian Consulate request an apology, for the dressing down it got over this about its citizens …. 

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The police 191 hotline received notification from the 

Fawlty Towers Hotel that the man not in his room because when they knocked he didn’t answer, and as he test positive for covid they didn’t enter the room! Manuel has a lot to answer for!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

The mask below the nose is not a good look for someone who is covid positive.

Why can't some of these people just wear their masks properly? I see so many times it's mask with exposed nose or worse under the chin which is the same as not wearing one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Why can't some of these people just wear their masks properly? I see so many times it's mask with exposed nose or worse under the chin which is the same as not wearing one. 

Because most tourists arrive from open countries that don't have strict mask policies if any at all, and to them the mask fetish of Thailand is crazy. Many countries adapted to the batman Wu flu already and live close to normal lives. I hope it's what people aspire to do here as well, but i am not convinced after almost two years of mask mandates, emergency laws , restrictions, and lockdowns.

• Like 10
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyb2 said:

Because most tourists arrive from open countries that don't have strict mask policies if any at all, and to them the mask fetish of Thailand is crazy.

Maybe that's why those countries have high death rates also.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, palooka said:

Maybe you inform me about total death rates and the real course of death of any nation during covid. I would like to know those numbers. Especially in Thailand. What are people really dying of? Then we can compare. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Masking is a religion now: thanks to people like you.  If you really think masks are effective, why don't you put a plastic bag around your mouth and duct-tape it shut.  Live without fear mate...or go hide in a cave.  LOL!

• Like 7
  • Angry 1

So, what happens to the Russian now ??

Off to a hospital for a week or two until he tests negative or his bill hits 1m baht ? Whichever comes first ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Johnnyb2 said:

Because most tourists arrive from open countries that don't have strict mask policies if any at all, and to them the mask fetish of Thailand is crazy. Many countries adapted to the batman Wu flu already and live close to normal lives. I hope it's what people aspire to do here as well, but i am not convinced after almost two years of mask mandates, emergency laws , restrictions, and lockdowns.

Then they should remain in their so called "open countries" and avoid Thailand. Come here follow the rules, don't like it just leave. Simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Changnam43 said:

The mask below the nose is not a good look for someone who is covid positive.

False-positives

A disease with a 99.9% survival rate

Natural and cross immunity in most people already

Omicron even milder

Your comment full of irrational fear is not a good look for a grown-up man. I would sit in the same room with this man for hours without any masks.

• Like 3

Just now, Noble_Design said:

Then they should remain in their so called "open countries" and avoid Thailand. Come here follow the rules, don't like it just leave. Simple as that.

These people are bringing free-thinking and freedom to a country full of irrational fear and sheep mass behavior. We should be proud of them, that they do not obey senseless rules.

If the government tomorrow is telling you that you need to wear a woman’s panties over your head, while walking on your hands and feets, because it is the best for you and the people around you, and would back this theory by science and studies, you would do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighSo said:

These people are bringing free-thinking and freedom to a country full of irrational fear and sheep mass behavior. We should be proud of them, that they do not obey senseless rules.

If the government tomorrow is telling you that you need to wear a woman’s panties over your head, while walking on your hands and feets, because it is the best for you and the people around you, and would back this theory by science and studies, you would do it.

If the government is asking me to do that then I would leave this country. Simple as that.

I come to Thailand to enjoy what it is, not try to change it by asking Thailand copy what my country does.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

So, what happens to the Russian now ??

Off to a hospital for a week or two until he tests negative or his bill hits 1m baht ? Whichever comes first ?

As mentioned in another thread > a PCR test will still pick up debris from the virus TWELVE WEEKS after recovery (stated already some weeks ago by the CDC).  So if he recovered from Omicron without noticing it due to the mild cold-like symptoms, one month before entering Thailand, his PCR-tests will provide a positive result for the next 2 months. 

It's long overdue to get rid of that highly inaccurate test also in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

I think some find it difficult to breathe !

Or some skeptics would think that ,many people don’t associate the nose and throat to be connected to the same airway ,so they think,why bother covering the nose!

And then many think as has been reported, they don’t protect you from this virus!

Thats why

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

As mentioned in another thread > a PCR test will still pick up debris from the virus TWELVE WEEKS after recovery (stated already some weeks ago by the CDC).  So if he recovered from Omicron without noticing it due to the mild cold-like symptoms, one month before entering Thailand, his PCR-tests will provide a positive result for the next 2 months. 

It's long overdue to get rid of that highly inaccurate test also in Thailand.

If that was the situation, why didn’t his preflight PCR he needed to take show a positive result? 

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

If that was the situation, why didn’t his preflight PCR he needed to take show a positive result? 

I don't know whether Russia requires a PCR-test before flight, maybe a different test was used.  It would actually make it worse if he did board for Thailand on a negative PCR-test and on arrival in Thailand was tested PCR-positive. 

1 hour ago, HighSo said:

Yeah, Russia is famous for free-thinking and freedom…

And isolation when you are quarantined is a senseless rule?

It seems like your country is famous for not-thinking-

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

I do not think so. While it is understandable that the mask might offer some protection in crowded indoor spaces, outdoor and in most situations, it is as pointless as wearing it on top of your head, that is why the countries where most tourists coming to Thailand are from are not doing it ... anymore (most of them anyway as it has come back a little again in some countries)...but it certainly does not explain the high death rates cause, and people seem to have forgotten, the very same countries have had the harshest restrictions, far harsher than Thailand has ever had, including the mask wearing at all time. All these restrictions obviously did not do it (and obviously they are also other criteria that scientists are starting to figure out slowly for these higher rates). In France for exemple, 100 000s got fined 150 euros for not wearing the mask on the beach, deserted places, empty streets at night, etc... They even banned alcoohol outdoor for a while, a pic went viral at that time showing a couple sharing a glass of wine and some snacks on the beach with their little kid no way near any other humans, they were surrounded by 10 policemen heavily armed. They went back home with over 400 euros fine and a completely terrified kid. Well despite this madness, far worse than Thailand I repeat, it did not stop the high death rate. Let's let sientists figuring out why, many have already said their piece about it. But it is certainly not that stupid mask... (a little true story: I saw a couple on the bike some days ago, with 2 kids not more than 6 years old inbetween them on a quasi deserted road, all wearing masks but not one wearing a helmet - that I simply call it madness, certainly NOT science... and obviously even less common sense).

As for this russian guy, with one policeman about 2m away, with a nose free, what could be happening really? Suddenly he is going to sneeze right in the face of he policeman, just like that? I have never seen anything like this happening in my whole life. Also I have not waited for covid to be civil, if I need to cough or sneeze, I have always made sure to do it the best way as possible away from anyone, it is just common sense, not just for covid. As I am sure you all civil people here have been doing the same all your lives too. And anyway, with viruses like Omicron, all this is pointless, it will get to you regardless.

Edit: I actually found that pic. Pathetic, not much scientific.

people on the beach.jpg

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You really couldn't make this up, only in Thailand could you instigate a manhunt only to find the so called escaped person was in his room. 555

TIT.

I can just see the search teams, headed by the Patong Police Chief gleefully rubbing his hands together.

“The game is afoot!”

(Sherlock Holmes esq.)