News Forum - 5 criteria set for hospitalising Covid-19 patients in Bangkok

Thaiger

In Bangkok, officials are attempting to take some of the guesswork out of dealing with Covid-19 infected patients while also streamlining the process when someone tests positive for the virus. New guidelines were set forth to assess the level of symptoms and infection and route people either to a hospital or other medical facility or refer them to home isolation. The plan comes as Covid-19 surges in the capital and authorities set up a new testing centre to handing the swell in infections. The guidelines were approved today by the Subcommittee for Resolving the Covid-19 Situation in Bangkok in the […]

The story 5 criteria set for hospitalising Covid-19 patients in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

How it should have been in the first place, together with providing society with test at home kits.

But we all know they wanted to keep the numbers down by forcing people into medical prisons so there's that 🤔

34 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

How it should have been in the first place, together with providing society with test at home kits.

But we all know they wanted to keep the numbers down by forcing people into medical prisons so there's that 🤔

I haven't heard of a single country whose COVID response was praised. It's a bad situation and everything gets criticized, in almost every country.  

Mistakes have been made and will be made, but do you want a Brazilian "do little or nothing" approach? Do you want to get locked into your room and fined or jailed for going outside, like China? 

I'm not saying you have to provide a solution - I don't think a perfect one exists.

Every government and medical leader is overwhelmed and grasping for an answer that may simply not be there. 

• Like 3

So if you are over 60 years and tested positive, they will take you to the hospital unless you have symptoms or not? For how long time? 

How if you are just exposed to covid, but your pcr-test is negative? At least if you are just exposed, costs are not included to travel insurance. 

• Like 1

"In Bangkok, officials are attempting to take some of the guesswork out of dealing with Covid-19 infected patients..."

A positive covid test alone does not make you a "patient."

If you're going to call them "patients" then they need a doctor's evaluation not "guesswork" by untrained technicians. They're either truly patients, or they are not. 

The greatest trick being pulled on the unsuspecting masses is convincing them they can be sick without having symptoms...

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

"In Bangkok, officials are attempting to take some of the guesswork out of dealing with Covid-19 infected patients..."

If you're going to call them "patients" then they need a doctor's evaluation not "guesswork" by untrained technicians. They're either truly patients, or they are not. 

The greatest trick being pulled on the unsuspecting masses is convincing them they can be sick without having symptoms...

Good point about testing. 

• Thanks 1

The criteria should be:

Nose length 

Alcohol consumption 

Redness of the skin 

Thai language inability 

Age gap between partner 

Handsomeness

Edited by TheDirtyDurian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Fully agree.  When testing positive on a covid-test that should not be referred to as a 'case'.  A case when used in a medical context, refers to disease.  And there are several other possibilities why a non-sick person can test positive, e.g. having recovered from earlier infection or incorrect test detection-method or a faulty test-result. 

By calling every positive covid-test a 'case' - which has that disease connotation - the authorities succeeded in deliberately creating the impression that much more people were 'sick', as that fitted their agenda.   

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The criteria should be:

Nose length 

Alcohol consumption 

Redness of the skin 

Thai language inability 

Age gap between partner 

Handsomeness

Wait, what? 

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Fully agree.  When testing positive on a covid-test that should not be referred to as a 'case'.  A case when used in a medical context, refers to disease.  And there are several other possibilities why a non-sick person can test positive, e.g. having recovered from earlier infection or incorrect test detection-method or a faulty test-result. 

Interesting point about cases. 

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The criteria should be:

Nose length 

Alcohol consumption 

Redness of the skin 

Thai language inability 

Age gap between partner 

Handsomeness

I haven’t actually tested positive but I have all the other symptoms you list. The last one I wasn’t entirely sure about so I asked a number of local girls who happily reassured me that “yes papa is indeed a handsome man”. What should I do now?

3 of 5 points is, bad breathing,
but all people should weak mask, where you breath. you see it ?

and since when are all, 60 years old people, and some year older,
at risk ? they are not little sick mostly. a fantasy story without end, on t.ell v.ision.

thanks governments and news, to show again, you have a trust-worthi-ness of 0.00 .
by the way, when millions of people are low educated, why should 1000s of experts not be corrupt,
in a money based world ? good morning in the reallity. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Finn-Matti said:

So if you are over 60 years and tested positive, they will take you to the hospital unless you have symptoms or not? For how long time? 

How if you are just exposed to covid, but your pcr-test is negative? At least if you are just exposed, costs are not included to travel insurance. 

That over 60’s rule, symptomatic or not, certainly makes me think twice about visiting again!

I'm fine with masks in public transportation and 711 but if you want people to check in everywhere with QR codes then you're also fine with social credit scores that will be coming next. Good luck fighting for your basic rights once it's too late 

I for one will never go to an "official" station to be tested. If I am sick, really sick then I will go to hospital because I need to go to hospital. Aside from the fact that any positive test, whether I am showing symptoms or not will land me in a hospital lock up, I'm 76, the information I have received is if you are Thai and asymptomatic or showing little in the way of symptoms you go home, if you are farang you go to the hospital, period. Reliable source but we have been able to get an "official" confirmation or denial so take it or leave it. One way or the other, I'm not taking the chance. I have possible Omicron symptoms just about every day and have had for years, year round allergies and sinus problems.