News Forum - Malaysia waives quarantine for vaccinated travellers recently infected with Covid-19

Thaiger

Malaysia has waived quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers with a history of previous Covid-19 infection starting today. Visitors must present proof that they are fully vaccinated as well as documents showing that they recently contracted Covid-19 and have recovered, according to Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin. Along with proof of vaccination, those who have previously been admitted to a hospital for Covid-19 must also present a “fit to travel” certificate from the medical staff and documents showing that they had been infected with the virus 11 to 60 days before travelling to the Southeast Asian country. Vaccinated travellers who were isolated […]

The story Malaysia waives quarantine for vaccinated travellers recently infected with Covid-19 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Ynwaps said:

Vaccinated and infected is the new rule if you want your freedom of movement back 🤔

Take back your power, do not comply, resist 

I see nothing wrong with these measures. 

If you feel this is unreasonable, maybe start by saying so and explaining why. Thanks!

The recent lifting of restrictions and quarantines appears to be coming fast throughout Asia - after a long period of stringent protocols.

Let's hope it holds.

Thai authorities need to pay attention and learn from their Asian brothers/sisters.

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Malaysia has waived quarantine for fully vaccinated travellers with a history of previous Covid-19 infection starting today.

Very bold move and a step ahead for others to follow

16 hours ago, Vince said:

I see nothing wrong with these measures. 

If you feel this is unreasonable, maybe start by saying so and explaining why. Thanks!

Why do you think it's okay to force people into taking the vaccine? I'm vaccinated but I don't think it should be forced upon people. 

4 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

Why do you think it's okay to force people into taking the vaccine? I'm vaccinated but I don't think it should be forced upon people. 

I favor clearly identifying high risk people (sick, elderly, obese) and high risk situations (crowding public and private spaces) and letting people decide just like they decide to (foolishly) smoke tobacco or drink liquor. 

But no one listens to me :-) 

Governments are trying to restore public confidence in public transit and travel. This is one method for trying to do that. It's not a great idea like my idea, but it is something. 

I want the government to try to help fix things even if I don't agree with it. I don't think the Brazil/Bolsonaro ("do nothing") model is a good idea. 

it's important they stay flexible and adapt and appreciate that govt measures can harm people too. 

• Thanks 1