News Forum - Health Minister insists cannabis is not a narcotic, high-inducing THC still illegal

Thaiger

Cannabis is not a narcotic drug… at least that’s what Thailand’s Public Health Minister is saying. In an interview with Thai media, Anutin Charnvirakul said cannabis (not with the high-inducing component THC) is legal and can be grown as well as used for medical purposes, adding that authorities should let residents grow the once-criminalised plant and sell cannabis as a way to earn an income. Anutin, who is also the deputy PM and leader of the Bhumjaithai Party, has been a vocal advocate of medical marijuana, pushing for it to become a cash crop and touting the uses of products […]

The story Health Minister insists cannabis is not a narcotic, high-inducing THC still illegal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

Hopefully full legalization will come soon. 

Amsterdam style coffee shops with a Thai beach setting would do wonders for the beleaguered tourism industry. 

Where my wife's family are from most people are growing a few plants anyway in the garden. Hopefully it's only a matter of time 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Cannabis is not a narcotic drug… at least that’s what Thailand’s Public Health Minister is saying. In an interview with Thai media, Anutin Charnvirakul said cannabis (not with the high-inducing component THC) is legal and can be grown as well as used for medical purposes, adding that authorities should let residents grow the once-criminalised plant and sell cannabis as a way to earn an income. Anutin, who is also the deputy PM and leader of the Bhumjaithai Party, has been a vocal advocate of medical marijuana, pushing for it to become a cash crop and touting the uses of products […]

The story Health Minister insists cannabis is not a narcotic, high-inducing THC still illegal as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hemp is an ancient crop. I think he's right.  

14 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Hopefully full legalization will come soon. 

Amsterdam style coffee shops with a Thai beach setting would do wonders for the beleaguered tourism industry. 

Where my wife's family are from most people are growing a few plants anyway in the garden. Hopefully it's only a matter of time 

I think pot tourists aren't high on the list of tourist targets at the moment. I could be wrong of course. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Vince said:

I think pot tourists aren't high on the list of tourist targets at the moment. I could be wrong of course. 

Pot luck getting into Thailand right now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, Vince said:

"Pot tourists"? You mean tourists who like to smoke pot, or tourists who come here specifically for the pot?

If the latter, I can assure you that they are as plentiful as unicorn poop.

As to the former, I wager that would constitute a large percentage of all tourists, everywhere in the world. Still, they'd not be too enthused about local herb ringing in at 0.2% THC, I'm afraid.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, AMc said:

"Pot tourists"? You mean tourists who like to smoke pot, or tourists who come here specifically for the pot?

If the latter, I can assure you that they are as plentiful as unicorn poop.

As to the former, I wager that would constitute a large percentage of all tourists, everywhere in the world. Still, they'd not be too enthused about local herb ringing in at 0.2% THC, I'm afraid.

Pot tourists travel for weed. No doubt they are legion. 

Not sure monk-loving Thailand wants them to come just yet. But who knows? 

51 minutes ago, Vince said:

Pot tourists travel for weed. No doubt they are legion. 

"Pot tourists", who travel for weed would definitely not travel to Thailand for that. People who travel for weed consider themselves connoisseurs. And no, they are definitely not legion. They are the types who seek out hard-to-come-by or extremely rare strains, and/or different types of hashish.

I get the feeling that you might consider any tourist who visits here and buys some pot to smoke, a "pot tourist". If this is so, then your definition of a "pot tourist" needs trimming/pruning. Am I wrong?

You do realize that marijuana is so plentiful worldwide that there is no need for anyone, anywhere, to travel further than their local dispensary (many governments allow this) or to their local neighborhood dealer to score.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:54 AM, Thaiger said:

, adding that authorities should let residents grow the once-criminalised plant and sell cannabis as a way to earn an income.

Kushy job that .. 

• Haha 2