News Forum - Phuket’s critical situation calls for increased support

Thaiger

The following is a press release from Living Waters Phuket.  The deteriorating tourism situation plus rising Omicron cases have led to a demand for immediate and increased community support from Living Waters Phuket. Living Waters Phuket Foundation, together with 5 Star Marine, are dealing with a steep increase in demand for their ‘Life Bags’ from local communities in need, as the situation on and around the island worsens. The Foundation has escalated its efforts and has been supplying around 1,000+ bags every day since the start of January (filled with food and household products to feed a family of 5 […]

The story Phuket’s critical situation calls for increased support as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So not being sounding to insensitive Phuket is now having to hand out food bags due to locals losing job's due to the Pandemic and high season ending , and the sharp declining tourism numbers due to entry problems. Well i'm sorry but look to your leaders for this. What is there Answer to boost Tourism and bring more Tourists to Holiday destinations ? Make it more difficult for entry, and on top of this they are ready to squeeze the tourist Orange by demanding a 300 bt dodgy subsidence for entry. Well done.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vlad said:

So not being sounding to insensitive Phuket is now having to hand out food bags due to locals losing job's due to the Pandemic and high season ending , and the sharp declining tourism numbers due to entry problems. Well i'm sorry but look to your leaders for this. What is there Answer to boost Tourism and bring more Tourists to Holiday destinations ? Make it more difficult for entry, and on top of this they are ready to squeeze the tourist Orange by demanding a 300 bt dodgy subsidence for entry. Well done.  

In many areas of Phuket have been handing out food packages since the start

• Like 1

It look like world war 2 situation when there is nothing as such a economy and every needs to beg for food.

the situation is pathetic, government needs to step up measures analyzing situation and come with alternate business plans.

Many days people cannot manage this situation, Thai people are so patient and calm people. 

We need to look at the other countries and their model to manage situation rather than shutting down indefinitely.

this situation is not going to work and it is not working now also.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

In many areas of Phuket have been handing out food packages since the start

So the warnings were there at the start.  Yet they just ignored the warning of what could happen if tourism is affected. 

I see the foodlines in pattaya for sure more than half not need it they just like the free stuff a thai can not see that somebody get something for free and they dont i see them in line with big golden necless girs from 7/11 come run outside to get free food wile they still have a job i very sorry for the one that realy need it the rest are just freeloaders 

MMM  just a thought if all these Thousands are coming into Phuket maybe they can forgo there in flight meals put it in doggy bag and hand it into Living Waters.

It is always good to see a charitable organisation come forward to help the ordinary people, who don't make the decisions that have impacted them so badly. But paradoxically, Tourism really is the answer as it generates income and provides work and wages.With Omicron in the mix, we need to be smarter. In my country we are in the thick of the omicron surge. There are a few lessons already emerging. If authorities try to employ the same strategies used against Delta, everyone will be home in isolation, no one will be at work, essential services and supply chains will crumble. Rapid Antigen Tests will become as scarce as hen's teeth. PCR Test results will take several days to come back with a result as pathology will be overwhelmed. Or a more sensible approach. If people are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms they can return to work, to keep supply chains moving and people in jobs. If symptoms become more severe, isolation and hospitalisation. Those numbers will be higher as the total number of infections will be higher. It's a case of holding our collective nerve. There will be a peak and then numbers will fall as dramatically as they rose. Generally viruses hang on for 14 days. Africa, where Omicron began, is the crystal ball as to what will happen with Omicron.

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The following is a press release from

News Forum - Phuket’s critical situation calls for increased support
News Forum - Thailand News Today | High demand for sandbox entry into Thailand 
News Forum - Phuket seeing healthy tourism demand, with 4,000 Thailand Pass applications a day
News Forum - Thailand adds three Sandbox destinations to take some pressure off Phuket

so is the critical situation that Phuket has too many tourists sprouting from the healthy demand! They now need more sandboxes in Thailand to relieve the pressure that has built up in Phuket.

What is the Thai government doing for these people,NOTHING!

What will I do for these people, NOTHING!

What could I do for these people?

I could put money in their pockets, I could help support their businesses, I could help them to feed their children. I could do all this and more, so why am not doing it?

The stupid, thick, government keep treating me and other tourists like shite and have made it clear that they don't want tourists.

SCRAP THE RESTRICTIONS, FEED THE PEOPLE AND BE THANKFUL THAT WE STILL WANT TO COME!

In the meantime, let the bodies pile up, leave them on the streets like they did in Bangkok!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The government plans to spend 18 billion baht on fighter jets they don't need. They should use that money to help their needy citizens. Otherwise it's not really a government. It's a kind of mafia.

Just now, Bangkok_Gary said:

The government plans to spend 18 billion baht on fighter jets they don't need. They should use that money to help their needy citizens. Otherwise it's not really a government. It's a kind of mafia.

MMmm. Thats what I think about America when I see tent cities across the nation.

Thailand barely scratches the surface.

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And yet in another story in TT, arrivals into Phuket under covidbox are booming and everything is rosy.

Yep, they still writing 4k/day are soon arriving. Just that money goes in some of the hotels, plus the 7/11 around there. Because most of 'em are Russian, these days! Or family with kids

Edited by Guest1

21 hours ago, vlad said:

If you complain over 300 b you will be no help to these people 

that’s the problem mass poor tourists do is more harm then good 

beyond your pay grade 

that’s why mass tourists will never return and new system will start and has 

no longer will the poor two week warrior will be going in you will have to go to Cambodia with your pheasant mates 

21 hours ago, kalyan said:

It look like world war 2 situation when there is nothing as such a economy and every needs to beg for food.

the situation is pathetic, government needs to step up measures analyzing situation and come with alternate business plans.

Many days people cannot manage this situation, Thai people are so patient and calm people. 

We need to look at the other countries and their model to manage situation rather than shutting down indefinitely.

this situation is not going to work and it is not working now also.

Every country has poor even i Sydney they are everywhere, much like these threads 

you make your own decisions in life not all end well , you can tell 85 percent who post her are poor .... it’s always about money 

yer like 10 /15 / or 20 bucks it never stops 

shock horror things go up 

there is some dead beats on these threads it stands out for miles 

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

MMmm. Thats what I think about America when I see tent cities across the nation.

Thailand barely scratches the surface.

And never will the more you give the more you sit back and take 

many point blank refuse to work usa 

Thailand goes down that road it will be same 

human nature some just lazy ... groups build content. Like the drunks on these threads agreeing about beer going up at 7/11 

good for bid that .... guess what .. time moves on as we do as does currency so does wealth 

Some are poor because there lazy and others will sit in there shack knocking back Lao Kao bought from there Daughters lyeing on her back earning money to send back for mama n papa.