News Forum - Tourists with mild symptoms can have Covid treatment covered by Thai insurance

Thaiger

The government has decided to allow Thai insurance firms to offer new Covid-19 treatment packages to foreign tourists, according to a Nation Thailand report. In addition, Tares Krassanairawiwong from the Department of Health Services Support says more hotel isolation facilities, the so-called “hospitels”, will be made available to tourists with mild symptoms. Tares says that many infected tourists struggle with insurance policies taken out in their home countries prior to travel, as most policies will not cover treatment if a Covid-19 patient only has mild symptoms. He says if tourists can avail of packages from Thai insurance firms, this will […]

The story Tourists with mild symptoms can have Covid treatment covered by Thai insurance as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's certainly being downplayed.  I just finished  my 14 days after a positive.  Cleared non contagious from hospital.   Just walked down the soi where the night life thrives.  A manager just stopped me  asked where I been?  I sai. I tested positive  went into quarantine.   Her reply we just finished too.  We all test positive  5 days, we good now.  So, she just said, her and the ladies tested positive  but never stopped working, or seeing people.  The doctor told me when I cleared, that one in ten patients are severe.  So, yeah with people positive,  complacent,  and not caring it's a real possibility you'll be exposed. 

9 minutes ago, Lifeboat said:

It's certainly being downplayed.  I just finished  my 14 days after a positive.  Cleared non contagious from hospital.   Just walked down the soi where the night life thrives.  A manager just stopped me  asked where I been?  I sai. I tested positive  went into quarantine.   Her reply we just finished too.  We all test positive  5 days, we good now.  So, she just said, her and the ladies tested positive  but never stopped working, or seeing people.  The doctor told me when I cleared, that one in ten patients are severe.  So, yeah with people positive,  complacent,  and not caring it's a real possibility you'll be exposed. 

Quite common. Lucky the omnicron is less severe.

• Thanks 1

Another scam, why should you need this when you have little or no symptoms, do what everyone is doing, ATK test, positive, self isolate and don't tell, simple. 555

• Like 3

How does this compare the AXA insurance, I have to take out, just to get a policy certificate to say I have US 50,000 to apply for the Thailand Pass?!