News Forum - Tourism operators call on government to delay introduction of 300-baht entry fee

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

How often do these people travel in  and out of Thailand? It's only upon  entering.  Perhaps people living along the border would be affected if the frequently shop in the other country to save on Vat but they haven't been able to do this the past 2 years.

Doesn’t effect the locals as they travel on ID. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

It's an entry tax and only applies when you arrive.

Doesn’t say who it applies to as in visa it on arrival exempt. It is based on tourists for short term as how it looks. Anyway for me I don’t really care as I will just pay it either way if have to. No big deal to me and no big deal for you as I take it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

I wonder if it will be subject to Non O or OA long term. Not the 3 month entry 

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

It's an entry tax and only applies when you arrive.

When you are residing in Thailand on an 1-year Non Imm O or O-A Visa-based extension of stay, you already have to pay for a Re-Entry Permit if you do not want your current 1-year extension of stay to be voided on leaving the country.   Such Re-Entry Permit already costs 1.000 THB for a single entry RE-permit and 3.800 THB for a multiple entry RE-permit.  So it would be reasonable if that proposed 300 THB entry tax would not be imposed when making use of such Re-Entry Permit on re-entering the country.  But being reasonable in bureaucratic administrative matters especially when it involves paying the authorities, is somewhat alien to the Thai way...

23 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

And then they get grinded up into paste and made into chips. But quite good tasting as that matters. They didn’t go to waste. 

I remember cooking some shrimp here years ago and I tossed the heads--thai friends grabbed em and on the grill they went....or as we say with the chinese they eat everythiing but the oink(pork)

Or....an alternative solution for those who wish to go on and on and on regarding policies Thai. 

Don't come here or don't be here. 

Uptight problems resolved. See how easy that was?

🤨

On 1/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, BlueSphinx said:

When you are residing in Thailand on an 1-year Non Imm O or O-A Visa-based extension of stay, you already have to pay for a Re-Entry Permit if you do not want your current 1-year extension of stay to be voided on leaving the country.   Such Re-Entry Permit already costs 1.000 THB for a single entry RE-permit and 3.800 THB for a multiple entry RE-permit.  So it would be reasonable if that proposed 300 THB entry tax would not be imposed when making use of such Re-Entry Permit on re-entering the country.  But being reasonable in bureaucratic administrative matters especially when it involves paying the authorities, is somewhat alien to the Thai way...

Arguing over 300 baht. Give me a break.⁸