News Forum - Intentionally catching Omicron is a really stupid idea

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

Absolute, utter tripe - it's not even worth going into detail and derailing a thread on an excellent article.

On your first sentence. Clearly and demonstrably wrong. On this issue of The Thaiger making money or profiting from Covid, we can assure you the opposite is true. Advertising revenue is down and there's no clear extra clicks, across the board. The expansion has come from investment on our part and an investment raise as we get ready for a recovery in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At what point is all this lunacy going to end?  People are on their 4th shots in Israel, and their cases are the highest ever per 100K of population.  I just finished watch DrBeen's latest video on a paper that compared 70K posititve cases in the US of Delta vs Omicron.  Omicron is very light and easy on the population. If you were going to get something that gave you immunity to Delta and possibly other variants, this would be it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0gWB9M8538

I don't see any nation with an endgame in sight, except for vaccine passports, which supposedly were to show who was protected and who was not?  With the stats out of Iceland, Denmark, and other countries showing that those who are double and triple jabbed get the rona more than those who don't have the jab, it seems like the passports are a moot point for controlling the disease, but great for mandating how you live your life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The article should have been head-lined In view of the emerging evidence, getting boosted for Omicron is a really stupid idea

And looks like at least some Health Authorities are waking up to this fact as the evidence is steadily becoming insurmountable that booster-shots - just like the the covid-vaccines - are not delivering on their promise and because of the cumulative effect are even 'less 100% safe' than the first shots.

Less than 5 weeks after the European Medicines Agency authorized boosters every 3 months, they have now come out with a statement that booster-shots might harm your immune-system. 

Yes you read that right...

alex1.thumb.jpeg.5e4672031a8043a869fe3c1e43c7b97a.jpeg

And two days ago even the WHO came out with a statement that a vaccination strategy based on repeated booster doses of the original vaccine composition is unlikely to be appropriate or sustainable. 

Source: https://www.who.int/news/item/11-01-2022-interim-statement-on-covid-19-vaccines-in-the-context-of-the-circulation-of-the-omicron-sars-cov-2-variant-from-the-who-technical-advisory-group-on-covid-19-vaccine-composition

11 hours ago, Storm said:

..I remember that a large percentage of Americans (could be any other country too) think brown milk comes from brown cows, and I am convinced....

Whoa whoa whoa. Are you saying brown milk *doesn't* come from brown cows? 

• Haha 6

This writer should read the reports from the studies of Omicron in South Africa, Europe and from Biontech because in his repirts are a lit of false informations. Also he put the long covid and other cases from former variants on Omicron. He should leave such reports to the experts! He made a report about what he believes and his opinion and this makes it to a complete wrong report and he should know half truth is a dangereous thing! 

• Like 3

and will gain a property that makes it spread faster/ overcome face masks.

The big picture is, even if OMICRON is less harmfull, it spreads the COVID VIRUS in to 2022 on a global scale!

Guess what will happen? One of those multiy million OMICRON guys will mutate (by chance) and may be evem more vital than any veriat before!

What also is totaly underestimated in my opinion is that COVID could develope a variant that prefers not air transfer but beiing transfered by touch ... more resistant to stay "alive".

The rabit is out of the box and it will be hard to catch!

Best bet is to get vax. and catch variants that are less harmfull, in order to have you immune system up to date.

In my opinion that does not mean to kiss a OMICRON holder, it means to stay healthy have basic vaxination, and if you live normal, you will be infected sooner or later, but maybe just not hit as hard as if you dive into a virus affected areas, thinking you are superman just because you are vaxinated. 

I have a friend who has all shots inc. booster. He was hit  by OMICRON and got real sick! Its far from mild symptoms and far from any flu he ever had in over 50 years of life!

Virus can kill and it is VIRUS that has wiped out species before!

Comon sense is your best friend! 

The most dangerous feature of CORONA VIRUS is that it can even kill without infecting sombody! It can kill because people are afraid to diey panic, are hopeless, get depressed, kill them selfs, it devides people ... even may cause a war... thats the real danger of corona! Just check on history! WWI was a CORONA (Spanis Flu) war ... the world never recovered, which lead to big depression and edventually to WW2.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TimothyN said:

On your first sentence. Clearly and demonstrably wrong. On this issue of The Thaiger making money or profiting from Covid, we can assure you the opposite is true. Advertising revenue is down and there's no clear extra clicks, across the board. The expansion has come from investment on our part and an investment raise as we get ready for a recovery in the future.

I think you've quoted the wrong person, @TimothyN and you meant to quote the person I was replying to - @diegogg. 😇

I'm the one repeatedly saying it's an 'excellent article' 😂!

2 hours ago, Ttalk said:

If you were going to get something that gave you immunity to Delta and possibly other variants, this would be it.

But whatever else it does, such as spread the virus and give it more chance to mutate, the one thing it doesn't do is 'give you immunity to Delta and other variants'.

That's just dreamland.

12 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But whatever else it does, such as spread the virus and give it more chance to mutate, the one thing it doesn't do is 'give you immunity to Delta and other variants'.

That's just dreamland.

That's not what the study out of South Africa shows!

2 hours ago, Ttalk said:

With the stats out of Iceland, Denmark, and other countries showing that those who are double and triple jabbed get the rona more than those who don't have the jab ...

Totally untrue.

More have the virus who are jabbed than not jabbed purely because there are more of them.

If, for example, you have a population of 100 and 90% of the population are jabbed and 10%  of them have the virus that's 1 in 10, but 9 people.

If the other 10% are unjabbed but 80% have the virus that's 8 in 10, but only 8 people.

So although more jabbed people have the virus than unjabbed (9 rather than 8) the reality is that the unjabbed are 8 times as likely to have the virus.

You're just spinning and misrepresenting the numbers.

3 minutes ago, UncleFatBloke said:

That's not what the study out of South Africa shows!

Totally untrue - name any "study out of South Africa" that shows that Omicron gives immunity to Delta and other variants.

All South Africa shows is that if you have a young population then Omicron is less dangerous than Delta.

57 minutes ago, Sir-Robin said:

WWI was a CORONA (Spanis Flu) war ... the world never recovered, which lead to big depression and edventually to WW2

I've no idea what you're saying, but if you're saying that WWI was a war about the Spanish flu, you need to re-learn your history.

WWI was 1914-1918, while the Spanish flu was 1919 😂!

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Yes you read that right..

No, you didn't "read that right" as you've edited the article.

Again.

Booster shots are an interim measure until a better alternative is developed - not the long term solution, and none of the vaccine manufacturers are pretending they are.

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Totally untrue - name any "study out of South Africa" that shows that Omicron gives immunity to Delta and other variants.

All South Africa shows is that if you have a young population then Omicron is less dangerous than Delta.

Thats your believe but not what the studies and reports claim about Omicron and also not studies from Biontech about Omicron! 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/south-african-studies-suggest-omicron-has-higher-asymptomatic-carriage-2022-01-11/

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/south-african-hospital-sees-less-serious-disease-coming-end-omicron-surge-2022-01-07/

https://www.samrc.ac.za/media-release/preliminary-findings-studies-south-africa-indicate-omicron-has-much-higher-rate

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

No, you didn't "read that right" as you've edited the article.

Again.

Booster shots are an interim measure until a better alternative is developed - not the long term solution, and none of the vaccine manufacturers are pretending they are.

@Stonker . Before accusing me of having 'edited the article', it would have been easy to look it up and check for yourself.  FYI: I got that screenshot from an article posted by Alex Berenson on his Unreported Truths blog

> https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/european-drug-regulators-abruptly/comments

and the screenshot came from this January 11, Bloomberg website article

> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

904384583_EuropeanMedicineAgencyboosterturn.thumb.jpeg.d7f8defeac1848a336e66917e86cb3ed.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Stardust said:

As I said, "name any "study out of South Africa" that shows that Omicron gives immunity to Delta and other variants".

None of these studies show that or even suggest it.

All they show, as I said, is that Omicron is less dangerous than Delta.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

As I said, "name any "study out of South Africa" that shows that Omicron gives immunity to Delta and other variants".

None of these studies show that or even suggest it.

All they show, as I said, is that Omicron is less dangerous than Delta.

You claimed it is less dangereous than delta because of the younger generation. I was regarding to this claim from you.

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

Just make the Text bigger so it stands out more Trans that'll do the trick.

In the UK this time last year we were having over a Thousand Deaths per day and Covid. We very nearly were overwhelmed in our Hospitals fact. Today our figures are now falling but we are still having Deathe's.  However the figures are very low the death figures are from people DETECTED with Covid 28 day's of being infected. Like it or not our figures are low because of our Vaccination efforts. Only people who believe Anti Vacc sites, cannot and will not believe IT. So THEY will carry on spreading fear such as if you take a vaccine you will get Miocarditis. This is one of there fear mongering excuses. Omicron is the primary strain now but if your protected from it you are unlikely to be hospitalized from it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

@Stonker . Before accusing me of having 'edited the article', it would have been easy to look it up and check for yourself. 

I did.

Your claim was a broad brush one that:

3 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Less than 5 weeks after the European Medicines Agency authorized boosters every 3 months, they have now come out with a statement that booster-shots might harm your immune-system.

That's simply untrue,

What they said, very clearly, was that "repeat doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people".

My bold: EVENTUALLY.

You simply edited out the key word - EVENTUALLY - which  makes it very different.

Similarly your quote from the WHO also edited out the key part. Yours:

4 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

and two days ago even the WHO came out with a statement that a vaccination strategy based on repeated booster doses of the original vaccine composition is unlikely to be appropriate or sustainable. 

vs the WHO's unedited paragraph:

"With near- and medium-term supply of the available vaccines, the need for equity in access to vaccines across countries to achieve global public health goals, programmatic considerations including vaccine demand, and evolution of the virus, a vaccination strategy based on repeated booster doses of the original vaccine composition is unlikely to be appropriate or sustainable."

The problem, according to the WHO, is the part you again somehow missed out: the issue they're commenting on is about "SUPPLY" and "EQUITY", nothing else - you've simply edited their point so it appears to be linked to the EU's while it's completely unconnected.

The WHO actually say the complete opposite to your suggestion in their "Key Message" (my bold):

"In the context of the circulation of Omicron SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern, the TAG-CO-VAC urges broader access globally to current COVID-19 vaccines for primary series and booster doses, in the hope that this also mitigates the emergence and impact of new VOCs."

5 hours ago, TimothyN said:

As I said, you've quoted the wrong person and are replying to someone else, but the reason advertising revenue is down should be obvious just from this thread.

A third of the platform is now devoted to providing a platform for assorted anti-vaxxers, nay-sayers and 'it's a hoaxers' with no interest in Thailand or anything to do with Thailand.  Why would any advertiser be interested in advertising to them, here?

Another third is a platform for those who are actively trying to persuade people NOT to come to Thailand, NOT to buy property, insurance, come for a holiday, etc.  No advertiser in their right mind would want them anywhere near their advertisements.

Sandwiched between them is an ever dwindling third of people who are interested In Thailand and who want to talk about the good, the bad and the in-between, but they're rapidly losing interest as given the other two 'thirds' it's increasingly pointless.

The Thaiger's your baby, @TimothyN, but it's steadily being killed in front of you.

22 hours ago, Stardust said:

You claimed it is less dangereous than delta because of the younger generation. I was regarding to this claim from you.

Jesus H Christ.

Omicron is less dangerous because even though far more are infected the infections are a lot less dangerous to a younger population and South Africa has a much younger population - 27 there vs 41 here.

For an older population, although the infections are less serious there are going to be more of them. Instead of maybe 20% of a thousand being infected, of whom it's serious for 20% (so 40 out of the thousand), maybe 50% of the thousand will be infected, of whom it's serious for 10% (so 50 out of the thousand).

< edited>

Edited by Faz
personal disparaging comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Stardust as you get older your Immune system begins to breakdown. In younger people there immune system is strong so can fight off attacks quickly if your young fit and healthy. Same as a younger person won't feel the cold like an older person who needs more clothing to stay warm.

33 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I did.

Your claim was a broad brush one that:

That's simply untrue,

What they said, very clearly, was that "repeat doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people".

My bold: EVENTUALLY.

You simply edited out the key word - EVENTUALLY - which  makes it very different.

Similarly your quote from the WHO also edited out the key part. Yours:

vs the WHO's unedited paragraph:

"With near- and medium-term supply of the available vaccines, the need for equity in access to vaccines across countries to achieve global public health goals, programmatic considerations including vaccine demand, and evolution of the virus, a vaccination strategy based on repeated booster doses of the original vaccine composition is unlikely to be appropriate or sustainable."

The problem, according to the WHO, is the part you again somehow missed out: the issue they're commenting on is about "SUPPLY" and "EQUITY", nothing else - you've simply edited their point so it appears to be linked to the EU's while it's completely unconnected.

The WHO actually say the complete opposite to your suggestion in their "Key Message" (my bold):

"In the context of the circulation of Omicron SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern, the TAG-CO-VAC urges broader access globally to current COVID-19 vaccines for primary series and booster doses, in the hope that this also mitigates the emergence and impact of new VOCs."

The usual hair-splitting buffalo manure disguised as 'exposing my lies'.

#1 - Eventually means 'in the end' (thought you were an english language speaker).  Explain to me the difference between 'might' - the word I used, and 'could eventually' - in my book the meaning is same.

#2 - I quoted the conclusion - why mention 'supply' and 'equity' as the reasoning, it doesn't change anything to the WHO's conclusion.