News Forum - Intentionally catching Omicron is a really stupid idea

Thaiger

OPINION “Why not just catch Omicron and get it over with? It’s a mild cold and will boost immunity, right?” Not a day goes past when the opinion is expressed widely, and often, on various social media around the world, where they add their school biology classes with various theories on the internet and come up with a “cunning idea”. Go out and catch Covid. “If you’re full vaccinated, and even better, boosted, you’ve got nothing to worry about, right? Time to move on and live with this virus.” Now, the idea of intentionally catching Covid has become a ‘thing’. […]

The story Intentionally catching Omicron is a really stupid idea as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well the same Dr. John Campbell said this Omicron variant was a Christmas gift. People are way too tired. If we catch it and die, so be it. If it gets worse, so be it. But there's a good chance that if we all catch it, then it'll all be over soon, so be it. How many people died in the history of humanity fighting for freedom? It's our turn to take the risk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, diegogg said:

Well the same Dr. John Campbell said this Omicron variant was a Christmas gift. People are way too tired. If we catch it and die, so be it. If it gets worse, so be it. But there's a good chance that if we all catch it, then it'll all be over soon, so be it. How many people died in the history of humanity fighting for freedom? It's our turn to take the risk.

In what way is dying from a viral infection "fighting for freedom"?

• Like 5

@TimNewton - thank you for the article.  It IS unbelievable what people believe/come up with. Sometimes I doubt what I am reading. Then again I remember that a large percentage of Americans (could be any other country too) think brown milk comes from brown cows, and I am convinced.

Wishing you a great day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Serious question, has there been any confirmed deaths yet?  Last i checked zero deaths were credited to omicron 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

headline should read: "Boosting your immune system is a really stupid idea"

Common symptoms are ... that of a common cold

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

So you are young and healthy catching it, isolating from those more at risk, and recovering so you wont in the future infect those more at risk on accident seems like a good idea to me.  

The fact this is a thing makes me happy, more people are waking up and there might just be light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i tried for two years to catch the communist Chinese virus. no luck so far. 

Perhaps.....it doesn't attach itself to it's own kind.

Just a thought.

Two important points to be made here... 

1. Unless you're going to wear Level A full encapsulating Bio-hazard personal protective equipment 24/7 you're going to be exposed to viruses... there is no escape. Your immune system has in fact kept you alive. It's common sense, humanity is still present on the earth. 

2. The gene therapy companies have admitted that none of the current jabs can protect you from Omicron. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Serious question, has there been any confirmed deaths yet?  Last i checked zero deaths were credited to omicron 

I've never received a variant specific test result have you? Are tests in Thailand even able to differentiate? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

First, virtually nobody dies from this variant. And secondly, you fight by not complying to regulations written by a bunch of idiots who don't know s**t about this decease. They have changed their speech multiple times. They only care for bringing in fear. During all this time all the media outlets, including this one (with new office new website new videos new personnel), have seen an increase of clicks/page views/video views = $$$. It's natural for them to push these kind of news. When was the last time you read an article on how to get fit? Have a good diet? Have a strong immune system? No no, stay at home in fear, order junk food online, facebook, twitter, netflix, youtube, click click click, $$$

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, MrNovax said:

The last time you checked must have been at least a month ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-omicron-daily-overview

If you're talking only about Thailand, Covid deaths aren't "credited" by variant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, diegogg said:

First, virtually nobody dies from this variant. And secondly, you fight by not complying to regulations written by a bunch of idiots who don't know s**t about this decease. They have changed their speech multiple times. They only care for bringing in fear. During all this time all the media outlets, including this one (with new office new website new videos new personnel), have seen an increase of clicks/page views/video views = $$$. It's natural for them to push these kind of news. When was the last time you read an article on how to get fit? Have a good diet? Have a strong immune system? No no, stay at home in fear, order junk food online, facebook, twitter, netflix, youtube, click click click, $$$

Absolute, utter tripe - it's not even worth going into detail and derailing a thread on an excellent article.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

OPINION “Why not just catch Omicron and get it over with? It’s a mild cold and will boost immunity, right?” Not a day goes past when the opinion is expressed widely, and often, on various social media around the world, where they add their school biology classes with various theories on the internet and come up with a “cunning idea”. Go out and catch Covid. “If you’re full vaccinated, and even better, boosted, you’ve got nothing to worry about, right? Time to move on and live with this virus.” Now, the idea of intentionally catching Covid has become a ‘thing’. […]

The story Intentionally catching Omicron is a really stupid idea as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's an excellent article in my view - original, well researched, well written and timely.

My only point of disagreement, and it's a very minor one bordering on nit-picking, is that  not all "common colds" are a coronavirus - only about 20% are.

Excellent article.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Covid patients and the found the risk of a “severe outcome” was higher in vaccinated people who were 65 or older, people with poor immune responses, or people with diabetes, chronic kidney disease, or cardiac, pulmonary, neurologic or liver problems.

I am over 65, I'm vacinated, I'm diabetic and just had a tripple heart bypass, cardiac ablation, atrial appendectomy, and I have a kidney infection for which I'm taking antibiotcs.

I think I'll go get measured up for a box :)

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PhilAtUbon said:

I am over 65, I'm vacinated, I'm diabetic and just had a tripple heart bypass, cardiac ablation, atrial appendectomy, and I have a kidney infection for which I'm taking antibiotcs.

I think I'll go get measured up for a box :)

I'm nearly 78, vaccinated (Pfizer x 3), had keyhole surgery to remove cancerous tumour from left kidney, claudication of right calf, titanium replacement for upper right arm (smashed it badly! Lol) but still smiling. Take it easy and enjoy another cognac or whatever. :)

• Like 4

I'm always a bit skeptical of 'journalism' that, first, sets up a silly straw man that it then knocks down and, second, devotes all its time to presenting only one side of an argument.

As to the first, it's a bad idea to play in traffic?  You don't say!

As to the second, it's like if you only heard one side of buying lottery tickets -- "Imagine all the money you'll have!  You can travel!  Pay off your debts!  Give to charity!  Life will be great after you win the lottery!"  Yeah, we all agree about the good side, but you have to address the bad side, too, or it just sounds like a paid advertisement.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, diegogg said:

. When was the last time you read an article on how to get fit?

El Salvador!   (turn on cc, go to settings, "auto translate, select language)

I dont promote government, but this is what a government who "cares about your health" puts forth.  

Edited by MrNovax
  • Like 1

Most will probably catch it anyways.  The virus doesn't care about their opinion on it.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

Most will probably catch it anyways.  The virus doesn't care about their opinion on it.

That's correct... there is no escape.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i tried for two years to catch the communist Chinese virus. no luck so far. 

it does not like you🤣

i do hear say that many people are telling that we should catch " covid" so as we will become stronger with vaccines.

we will become more immune  to virus.

this is the hearsay i am hearing everywhere.

not sure on the truth and understanding !