News Forum - Phuket immigration confirms vaccination not needed for extension

Thaiger

In order to combat rumours swirling online and amongst nervous anti-vax foreigners, the Phuket Immigration Office reassured people that vaccination is not required in order to get an extension of their stay in Thailand. The office in Phuket Town made the announcement via their Facebook page, though they did not address well several other complaints and issues that have been plaguing the office recently. The post explained that a visa extension, or visa waiver extension, is open to anyone who qualifies regardless of their vaccination status, whether they are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, fully vaccinated, or have received one or more […]

The story Phuket immigration confirms vaccination not needed for extension as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I’ve been mailing in my 90 day for 2 years now and no problems.  It’s easy going to the post office and avoiding the immigration lines and wait.  But I realize some don’t have 50 Baht for EMS and prefer seeing their 500 closest “friends” at immigration.  

• Cool 1

I recall a few posters here running around with their panties in a knot trying to create mass hysteria posting this is in the works... another panicdemic proven otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Travisa said:

I’ve been mailing in my 90 day for 2 years now and no problems.  It’s easy going to the post office and avoiding the immigration lines and wait.  But I realize some don’t have 50 Baht for EMS and prefer seeing their 500 closest “friends” at immigration.  

That is the nice thing, in Phuket:

They have an "drive thru" for 90 days!

drive thru.jpg

• Like 1

This possibly started the rumours:

Outside CW Immigration office.
Nothing apparently to do with Immigration, it was the buildings owners that erected this sign.
Visitors to Immigration for extensions are only required to complete a screening form.

Thai Elite Visa apparently sent this to their members under the false impression it related to the Immigration office.
950277688_ATKandvaxcert..jpg.425a3f5da2b20a4c3b87e41a14e16edd.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kbamfield said:

According to the CEO of Pfizer the vax and jabs are not effective https://www.facebook.com/SaraGonzalesTX/videos/691451045565843 = so immigration has done the proper thing in no mandating this

Pfizer has a medicine, now. Without a german developer in the revenues!

So what do you think, why they arguing that way?

Edited by Guest1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:00 AM, kbamfield said:

According to the CEO of Pfizer the vax and jabs are not effective https://www.facebook.com/SaraGonzalesTX/videos/691451045565843 = so immigration has done the proper thing in no mandating this

Wow, way to distort the message by cutting out the context.

The two initial shots aren't enough for Omicron.  Clearly they were effective, but now there is a new variant out.  

I'm grateful for my two shots.  My entire unvaccinated Thai family, seven people in all, got Covid.  Grandparents both ended up in ICU.  I live in the same house and never caught it.  

On 1/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, Thaiger said:

In order to combat rumours swirling online and amongst nervous anti-vax foreigners...

You mean pro-disease foreigners.