News Forum - Thailand’s updated Covid guidelines: What to do if you test positive or have symptoms

Thaiger

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

positive endorsements are OK in Thailand (but never publicly criticise anyone or anything). 

Oh yes. I'm well aware of this. I wanted to make sure my previous post was not critical, but curious and hopeful.  I am far from being a local here. But I've been around Bangkok enough over the past 7 years to know what to avoid and I know what I don't know. 

In the future I might name the Hotel.  As for the hospital... (if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all). Besides I also think all hospitals are playing two games here. Isolate everyone and make sure they can't spread it (Government rules) and the "get as much money as you can." (MBA administrators Rules). 

I do appreciate everyone on here. I've followed the forums and Youtube Channel for years.  "Long time listener, first time caller"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Are you aware we talking about Thailand and not about youtube videos! You must be some of the ones who read something or watch a youtube video and think to know Thailand. Laws,  enforcement or courts are not the same as in their homecountry, especially if they are foreigners. If some see business opportunities ok good luck to get your money back or to go to a court!

Oh I forgot this was you

The one whose only answer on every single post is "you don't know Thailand "

Honestly, maybe it's a language or culture thing

But you honestly don't realize how annoying you are?

I'm serious, you don't realize that?

Does that not translate to wherever you are from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update 2: All is good in Quarantine Land.

Right hand wasn't talking to the left hand. i.e Hotel Covid Manager affiliated with Hospital informed her team we were clear to stay in room isolation/home quarantine. However, the admitting department did not get the memo (How typically American). So they were the ones calling to make sure we don't skip town and spread this wicked variant. There was no foul intent. Just everyone doing their jobs.  

Positive outcome: Now we have one government assigned private hospital that keeps NHSO happy and we have a decent private hospital if we get symptoms and need to get a little better follow up if we somehow worsen. They even offered us an X-ray. I think we will wait 8-9 days and consider it for good measure and peace of mind. 

So? Anyone else out there test positive?  Stay safe. This thing is moving like a wild fire. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Going.GLobal said:

Update 2: All is good in Quarantine Land.

Right hand wasn't talking to the left hand. i.e Hotel Covid Manager affiliated with Hospital informed her team we were clear to stay in room isolation/home quarantine. However, the admitting department did not get the memo (How typically American). So they were the ones calling to make sure we don't skip town and spread this wicked variant. There was no foul intent. Just everyone doing their jobs.  

Positive outcome: Now we have one government assigned private hospital that keeps NHSO happy and we have a decent private hospital if we get symptoms and need to get a little better follow up if we somehow worsen. They even offered us an X-ray. I think we will wait 8-9 days and consider it for good measure and peace of mind. 

So? Anyone else out there test positive?  Stay safe. This thing is moving like a wild fire. 

That's great

Now, did your poor new child think they were being picked up and all of a sudden has to wait?

That would be difficult on them

How old are they, if you don't mind me asking 

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

That's great

Now, did your poor new child think they were being picked up and all of a sudden has to wait?

That would be difficult on them

How old are they, if you don't mind me asking 

Yes. The poor kid thought we were there to pick them up. All packed up and ready to go.

We started the process when they were just about to turn 10 y/o and after processing and 2 years of covid related delays we finally got green lighted to come to Bangkok to pick up a 13 y/o. Even had a teary eyed excited video call the day before.   We haven't been able to communicate since. Though we were assured they are ok. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 5:01 PM, Marc26 said:

I know of one person personally that has isolated in his hotel

He said the hotel has taken care of everything with the government 

He says they been great

Most videos I have seen online, the tourists have been allowed to stay in their hotel room 

That's how supposed to be, not scamming tourists out of his/her COVID-19 insurance. It will be better if have both asymptomatic/symptomatic COVID-19 insurance

• Like 1

10 days hospital + 14 days home quarantine

Hi folks, 

here comes my little Covid-19 experience:

My wife and me traveled 3 weeks through Thailand to BKK, Krabi (Tubkaek Beach), Koh Yao Yai, Phuket and Kalasin. A few days before my flight back we had symptoms of a flue, so we made an ATK / PoC-Test, which turned out to be positive for Covid-19. 

We informed the local officials, that said, that we have to stay in home quarantine and make a PCR-Test at the local hospital. We got an appointment for the next morning. 

At the hospital they did another ATK / PoC-Test and a PCR-Test. Both our ATK Tests were positive again. We had to wait for the results of the PCR-Tests at home. 

The next day the PCR-Test results confirmed it, we had been infected with Covid-19. Because of our symptoms the doctor decided, that we have to be treated in hospital for 10 days with quite strong virusstatica and other medicine. 

During the hospital stay they did 2 chest x-rays. My insurance company (ERGO) does not want to pay the hospital treatment, even though Ao booked their "Rundum Sorglos Paket + Covid Schutz", which should cover everything. But that's another story. 

Tomorrow we will be dismissed from hospital and we thought, that we would be "free" again. But now the doctors told us, that we will have to make a 14 days home quarantine. That really surprised us.

10 days hospital treatment and then another 14 days in quarantine? Did anyone make the same experience? 

By the way, again the ERGO Auslandsreiseversicherung did not want to pay for quarantine in the hotel. Only after I said, that I will contact my lawyer now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Oh I forgot this was you

I am mixed and aware of both cultures and people like you are annoying and for sure a problem for people you give a wrong picture of realities. And yes people from families where Thai is a native language really wondering about some statements about Thais or what they are thinking and realizing they not understand anything what they say in the Thai tv, social media etc etc. But for sure not all like that and able to see the critical points and would never advertising the people/tourists for gambling and give them a realistic view or not want anybody could come in big troubles or traps.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Post some of those "traps" that you have seen 

Try this thread - plenty listed by myself and many others.

2 hours ago, ChrisVie said:

Hi folks, 

My wife and me traveled 3 weeks through Thailand to BKK, Krabi (Tubkaek Beach), Koh Yao Yai, Phuket and Kalasin. A few days before my flight back we had symptoms of a flue, so we made an ATK / PoC-Test, which turned out to be positive for Covid-19. 

We informed the local officials, that said, that we have to stay in home quarantine and make a PCR-Test at the local hospital. We got an appointment for the next morning. 

At the hospital they did another ATK / PoC-Test and a PCR-Test. Both our ATK Tests were positive again. We had to wait for the results of the PCR-Tests at home. 

The next day the PCR-Test results confirmed it, we had been infected with Covid-19. Because of our symptoms the doctor decided, that we have to be treated in hospital for 10 days with quite strong virusstatica and other medicine. 

During the hospital stay they did 2 chest x-rays. My insurance company (ERGO) does not want to pay the hospital treatment, even though Ao booked their "Rundum Sorglos Paket + Covid Schutz", which should cover everything. But that's another story. 

Tomorrow we will be dismissed from hospital and we thought, that we would be "free" again. But now the doctors told us, that we will have to make a 14 days home quarantine. That really surprised us.

10 days hospital treatment and then another 14 days in quarantine? Did anyone make the same experience? 

By the way, again the ERGO Auslandsreiseversicherung did not want to pay for quarantine in the hotel. Only after I said, that I will contact my lawyer now. 

You are not the only mate - many others in same boat.  I am not sure you need another 14 days in quarantine after treatment and testing negative - I would push back on that one - maybe also ask your Embassy for advice about what the rules are exactly and where to find them and how they apply for someone who was treated and is returning to your country.    

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Oh I forgot this was you

Don't allow such things to get under your skin, Marc - 

Such character traits are all too common here. 

Most embarrassing coming from long-timers, who still haven't a clue.

All the usual stereotypes apply.

12 hours ago, Going.GLobal said:

Yes. The poor kid thought we were there to pick them up. All packed up and ready to go.

We started the process when they were just about to turn 10 y/o and after processing and 2 years of covid related delays we finally got green lighted to come to Bangkok to pick up a 13 y/o. Even had a teary eyed excited video call the day before.   We haven't been able to communicate since. Though we were assured they are ok. 

Wow, that must have even traumatic for them

We know it will be worth it in the end

Things will be looking up soon!

You have an amazing attitude

That child will be very lucky   😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Try this thread - plenty listed by myself and many others.

Now post all the ones on here that were allowed to stay in their hotel

With the exception of this fellow above

Every single poster on here who tested positive ended up staying in their hotel

You and others been going on about scams and prison and all that.

And ignore all the instances, plenty on here, that show people being allowed to isolate in their hotel rooms

And it looks like that may become more official policy 

We get your position

But you also seem to not want to acknowledge anything that refutes your position 

7 hours ago, Rain said:

Don't allow such things to get under your skin, Marc - 

Such character traits are all too common here. 

Most embarrassing coming from long-timers, who still haven't a clue.

All the usual stereotypes apply.

He doesn't get under my skin

I'm genuinely blown away any person would just continually blab and blab that only they know and no one else doesn't

And not realize how annoying they are

Again, either he has Asperbergers or some other socially awkward ailment

Or it's a cultural thing

A normal person can't be that annoying 

I refuse to believe it 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrisVie said:

Hi folks, 

Thanks for the update 

Where are you in the process now?

11 hours ago, Stardust said:

I am mixed and aware of both cultures and people like you are annoying and for sure a problem for people you give a wrong picture of realities. And yes people from families where Thai is a native language really wondering about some statements about Thais or what they are thinking and realizing they not understand anything what they say in the Thai tv, social media etc etc. But for sure not all like that and able to see the critical points and would never advertising the people/tourists for gambling and give them a realistic view or not want anybody could come in big troubles or traps.

But again 

You honestly don't realize how annoying you are?

You must???

No matter what culture you are from, going around and the only thing you have to say is how you know better than everyone else is annoying 

Do you seriously not realize that?

Or do you have Asperger's? 

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But again 

You must???

No matter what culture you are from, going around and the only thing you have to say is how you know better than everyone else is annoying 

I can imagine the Thais recognize such traits straight away - hence that nominal Thai company that he might have. 

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But again 

You must???

It is annoying to read from people who make statements of Thailand but not know Thailand but explaining them Thailand. Sorry that people who born or raise in Thailand or from mixed Families criticize wrong informations, nonsense or wrong claims. And for sure are not any help for tourists. And for this people are not popular if they wanna sell things what Thai people angry about in the moment as good and get suspicious about their agenda behind it. The main problem is often that they not understand whats going on in the society, social media, Thai tv. But there are others in the forum who have common sense who understand the situation and aware of it. But to defend the undefendable is not wise or give a wrong picture to people who wanna travel to Thailand and not aware about the risks to do that at the moment. But then be annoyed people criticize it shows your mindset. 

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

It is annoying to read from people who make statements of Thailand but not know Thailand but explaining them Thailand. Sorry that people who born or raise in Thailand or from mixed Families criticize wrong informations, nonsense or wrong claims. And for sure are not any help for tourists. And for this people are not popular if they wanna sell things what Thai people angry about in the moment as good and get suspicious about their agenda behind it. The main problem is often that they not understand whats going on in the society, social media, Thai tv. But there are others in the forum who have common sense who understand the situation and aware of it. But to defend the undefendable is not wise or give a wrong picture to people who wanna travel to Thailand and not aware about the risks to do that at the moment. But then be annoyed people criticize it shows your mindset. 

By the way there where Thais who left this forum because of that or suspicious about. If someone defends undefendable things always brings the question what is the agenda behind it.

8 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Wow, that must have even traumatic for them

We know it will be worth it in the end

Things will be looking up soon!

You have an amazing attitude

That child will be very lucky   😀

Thank you. I generally try to remain more optimistic than not. But like most people I have my moments. And I also am aware that we are in a moment of history where things change rapidly and anything is possible. Both good and bad.  

I know it will be worth it in the end. I feel we are equally as or more lucky.  This kid is amazing. Sure they will have their adjustments and developmental regressions but all signs are positive. We are very fortunate that have resources to help them recover from their past griefs/traumas and offer then opportunities to have a long and healthy life wherever they choose. 

There is Japanese Proverb: “Nana korobi, ya oki”   Fall down 7 times, Stand up 8.

9 hours ago, Going.GLobal said:

Thank you. I generally try to remain more optimistic than not. But like most people I have my moments. And I also am aware that we are in a moment of history where things change rapidly and anything is possible. Both good and bad.  

I know it will be worth it in the end. I feel we are equally as or more lucky.  This kid is amazing. Sure they will have their adjustments and developmental regressions but all signs are positive. We are very fortunate that have resources to help them recover from their past griefs/traumas and offer then opportunities to have a long and healthy life wherever they choose. 

There is Japanese Proverb: “Nana korobi, ya oki”   Fall down 7 times, Stand up 8.

I love that! I never heard of that but it is definitely the way I live my life....

I get accused of not being sympathetic but I just hate "poor me" attitudes, which my closest sister suffers greatly from

My wife occasionally will pull a "poor me" and I just don't stand for it

I'm always telling my wife or pointing out when I see an example

"There is always someone with a lot bigger problems "

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 3:42 AM, Marc26 said:

Now post all the ones on here that were allowed to stay in their hotel

With the exception of this fellow above

Every single poster on here who tested positive ended up staying in their hotel

You and others been going on about scams and prison and all that.

And ignore all the instances, plenty on here, that show people being allowed to isolate in their hotel rooms

And it looks like that may become more official policy 

We get your position

But you also seem to not want to acknowledge anything that refutes your position 

Total rubbish - you need to stop being so blinkered - it is allowable to criticise Thailand you know  - especially the Junta's policies.  I do understand that there Expats who have gone 'feral' and see any criticism of Thailand as criticism of themselves. But try not to get upset mate - it aint personal.

Took me 2 minutes to find these cases - there are many others.

https://scandasia.com/danish-family-placed-in-isolation-in-thailand-after-daughter-test-positive-for-covid-19/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10363345/Anna-McEvoy-reveals-covid-holiday-nightmare-Thailand.html

Try this post below to get you going again - and try to remember - I am harping on about the rules and penalties when testing positive in Thailand, because as Richard Barrow found out (check his newsletter), most tourists are not made aware of what happens if they are tested positive or are a 'close contact'. You know - I know - but not everyone who checks the Thaiger (or any Thai forum) for information, is aware. Hopefully a few have seen my rants and made their decision with all the facts - not just what TAT says.

Should I say it again? Why not!  Dont travel to Thailand for a short holiday IMO - BECAUSE testing positive or being a close contact will be a big problem, and the additional expenses are unlikely to be covered under insurances.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi! I love The Thaiger: I have installed the app on my mobile's home screen. Would someone please please tell me what happens if you test positive on Day 1 or DAY 5, as a TOURIST (foreigner)? There is absolutely no answer to this on any websites, official Thai Govt, news sites (such as Thaiger or BKK Post), or anywhere. I will be in BKK only, for the first half of September. Flying from (& to) BNE, via SIN. Thankyou ever so much xoxo