News Forum - Third foreigner this week dies from building fall in Pattaya

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Time to clean up Pattaya and make it a family resort. 

They should ban all alcohol consumption immediately to anyone over the age of 60.

A brilliant idea :-) 

And all the gogo bars would become shops for children's clothing or day care centers! 

And Pattaya could have some first class schools and playgrounds built to attract families! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 5:56 AM, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So, what is the government doing about this …. Maybe make new laws …

1. All condo people now have to wear helmets.
  2. All condos must have crash landing pads
  3. No condos allowed to be built above 6 feet in height 

and all new laws will be rigorously policed by the Thai Police  as rigorously as the road rules the police.

Hilarious! Let's do it! 

A major bridge in the US that has the most suicides has a proposal to have an anti-suicide net placed under it to catch them.  Condo nets! 

But if you've been to Las Vegas you'd know that the hotel windows on the higher floors don't open more than a few centimeters if at all. 

7 minutes ago, Vince said:

It's the fate of desperate people in every country. Japanese people fall out of tall buildings in their own country all the time. Or go to that forest.  

It's just "news" in some places where foreigners stand out. When was the last Thai suicide covered? 

3 in our village up here in Isaan in the last  6 months! Mid  30's. Relationship issues for 2, other unknown. It happens.

Just now, Convert54 said:

3 in our village up here in Isaan in the last  6 months! Mid  30's. Relationship issues for 2, other unknown. It happens.

Sad. How many news stories about them?  

24 minutes ago, Vince said:

Sad. How many news stories about them?  

No news....life goes on after a day or two of funeralities, any traumatized children  involved absorbed into some extension of family. Much the same attitude to road accident fatalities. A statistic recorded and quickly lost from relevant memory.

6 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

No news....life goes on after a day or two of funeralities, any traumatized children  involved absorbed into some extension of family. Much the same attitude to road accident fatalities. A statistic recorded and quickly lost from relevant memory.

Yes. Sad but not surprising. Most sorts of deaths go unreported unless they stand out. 

I used to use a train near a major bridge that had a lot of suicides.

The bridge suicides we're almost never reported - a person would be seen taking a cab or taxi to the bridge then disappear.

While people who walked or jumped or parked cars in front of the train made the headlines. "An epidemic! A suicide cluster!". 

300+ people jump off a bridge, nothing. 8 people walk in front of a train - people notice. It's news. 

5 hours ago, Markwick said:

That’s life you adapt like the guy who put shoes on horse 

it’s a holiday town , no holiday no town 

so with rules u close and protect cash 18 months ago and most did 

or be bar owner and e beg on YouTube 

life tough adapt that’s all you can do , or don’t and end up in bad place . 5.5 mil dead so far that’s real . 

You really kniw nothing about Chonburi and Pattaya! It is the industrial and econo.ic main area of Thailand! It is annoying to lusten to people who just know Pattaya as a tourist from visiting the entertainment hot spots but have zero knowledge about Pattaya / Chonburi.

4 hours ago, Vince said:

A brilliant idea :-) 

And all the gogo bars would become shops for children's clothing or day care centers! 

And Pattaya could have some first class schools and playgrounds built to attract families! 

Pattaya has the best international schools of whole Thailand. Thats why many families live near by this schools and short distances to the economic/ industrial belt (Chonburi/ Rayong) belt where many work.

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Pattaya has the best international schools of whole Thailand. Thats why many families live near by this schools and short distances to the economic/ industrial belt (Chonburi/ Rayong) belt where many work.

I was trying to be funny. Sorry. 

Are there any good day care facilities and childrens clothing stores as well? 

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

A woman who wants to be with you for you and not the money you pay her in the morning. 

Never heard of that, men who are married or have girlfirends here always seem to eventually pay the woman with a house, land, farm equipment, motorcycles, or car.  Plus help raise her children and even possibly take care of a sick "uncle" who may in reality be her husband etc...

Yes she wants to be with you as long as you provide for her, which is the same thing as paying for companionship IMO

Too old to believe in love.  As a foreigner and retired, do not want the responsibility and day to day life with just that one because she "wants to be with you".  Life is about experience, exploration, and independence for me.  Been down the married and girlfriend roads before. 

Been there ,done that, moved on

55 minutes ago, Vince said:

I was trying to be funny. Sorry. 

Are there any good day care facilities and childrens clothing stores as well? 

Yes I got this joke it was just a info, but sure the beach/ hotel areas are also tourist hot spots and entertainment areas. Without entertainment to fill up these big hotels will be not possible I guess,  or replace with children clothing shops I agree with that. But what is annoying that people think that the whole Pattaya is that one hot spot or people living there just because of that hot spot and everybody hanging the whole day in a barstreet hot spot with girls. This areas are mostly visited from tourists or visitors from Bangkok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

Pattaya does not have the best international schools in the whole of Thailand. 

Bangkok does.

2 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Never heard of that, men who are married or have girlfirends here always seem to eventually pay the woman with a house, land, farm equipment, motorcycles, or car.  Plus help raise her children and even possibly take care of a sick "uncle" who may in reality be her husband etc...

Yes she wants to be with you as long as you provide for her, which is the same thing as paying for companionship IMO

Too old to believe in love.  As a foreigner and retired, do not want the responsibility and day to day life with just that one because she "wants to be with you".  Life is about experience, exploration, and independence for me.  Been down the married and girlfriend roads before. 

Been there ,done that, moved on

Then I feel sorry for you.

And that's why you're an expat in Pattaya presumably.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Pattaya does not have the best international schools in the whole of Thailand. 

Bangkok does.

Nope as best internatinal schools of Thailand 2 were from Pattaya and no 1 was from Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Nope as best internatinal schools of Thailand 2 were from Pattaya and no 1 was from Pattaya.

Regent international , Garden international cambridge awarded and top 15 worlds best, international Rugby school, etc. All awarded . Believing and knowing is not the same. In top 10 Thailand always the internatinol schools of Pattaya inside

5 hours ago, Stardust said:

You really kniw nothing about Chonburi and Pattaya! It is the industrial and econo.ic main area of Thailand! It is annoying to lusten to people who just know Pattaya as a tourist from visiting the entertainment hot spots but have zero knowledge about Pattaya / Chonburi.

If I’m wrong was is it dead 

it’s dead because official numbers will tell you tourists town 

I’ve lived here 7 years and 5 partner had three realestate commercial property that she worked out of 

town is dead of tourists and realestate because no tourists and new round of people looking to retire 

you clearly no zero about the joint 

I’ve been to more developer nights then I can remember I’ve been to more business nights that I can remember

Grow up face facts 

why are 80 percent or restaurants closed the list goes on 

go look at any YouTube video you will see it’s running dead 

1 out of 10 shops open is dire you clearly live in bubble or 7/11

Edited by Markwick

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Regent international , Garden international cambridge awarded and top 15 worlds best, international Rugby school, etc. All awarded . Believing and knowing is not the same. In top 10 Thailand always the internatinol schools of Pattaya inside

Okay. So all the many more international schools in BKK are bad are they? 

You do know that both Regent and Garden have branches in Bangkok right?

And there are many more choices of other schools there too. 

To just say the ones in Pattaya are the best is just silly. 

But hey, you like it there right....

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

Yes I got this joke it was just a info, but sure the beach/ hotel areas are also tourist hot spots and entertainment areas. Without entertainment to fill up these big hotels will be not possible I guess,  or replace with children clothing shops I agree with that. But what is annoying that people think that the whole Pattaya is that one hot spot or people living there just because of that hot spot and everybody hanging the whole day in a barstreet hot spot with girls. This areas are mostly visited from tourists or visitors from Bangkok.

Yes, time for a new image. Maybe replace hotspot with theme park with rollercoasters? 

As far as I can tell the bar is going away. People meet and socialize over the internet and no longer need old fashioned bars. 

But you can't ride a rollercoaster 🎢 on the internet! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Vince said:

Yes, time for a new image. Maybe replace hotspot with theme park with rollercoasters? 

As far as I can tell the bar is going away. People meet and socialize over the internet and no longer need old fashioned bars. 

But you can't ride a rollercoaster 🎢 on the internet! 

But the people/tourists still like entertainment with live music also the Thais like to enjoy with live music. I guess it will be not removed and I am music fan, too. All the new openings go in this direction also combined with quality food. But maybe this former bar styles with girls will be no more. 

16 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Okay. So all the many more international schools in BKK are bad are they? 

You do know that both Regent and Garden have branches in Bangkok right?

And there are many more choices of other schools there too. 

To just say the ones in Pattaya are the best is just silly. 

But hey, you like it there right....

I not said that they not have good international schools in Bangkok, but you claimed all good international schools are in Bangkok and not in Pattaya. Do you understand the differences?

17 hours ago, Markwick said:

If I’m wrong was is it dead 

it’s dead because official numbers will tell you tourists town 

I’ve lived here 7 years and 5 partner had three realestate commercial property that she worked out of 

town is dead of tourists and realestate because no tourists and new round of people looking to retire 

I’ve been to more developer nights then I can remember I’ve been to more business nights that I can remember

Grow up face facts 

why are 80 percent or restaurants closed the list goes on 

go look at any YouTube video you will see it’s running dead 

1 out of 10 shops open is dire you clearly live in bubble or 7/11

Sure Pattaya was also a tourist destination but it is shocking people can live 7 years in Chonburi and have no knowledge about maybe check the statistics about foreigners and the huge amount of multinational companies there and it shows a clear pucture. By the way I worked in such companies since the 90s. And it clearly shows you never were in any company there. One reason why there are many foreigners there is the standards of education. Little example if BMW, Bosch or Siemens need an engineers it is mostly an foreigner. What they call an engineer in Thailand is by any standard in Germany not an engineer. Production lines are high tech and also any machine the programing is only in english language. Sorry but you know nothing about Chonburi and nothing about the surrounding of Pattaya including who lives in the real estates. You just know the tourist hot spots and surly arpund the hotspots the huge condos were more filled up woth long time tourists before, I do not claim something else and surly also in Jomtien beach where they build many huge high rise condos.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 7:21 AM, Vince said:

No condos allowed to be built above 6 feet in height 

falling from that height would hurt. 

On 1/14/2022 at 11:14 AM, Vince said:

It's the fate of desperate people in every country. Japanese people fall out of tall buildings in their own country all the time. Or go to that forest.  

It's just "news" in some places where foreigners stand out. When was the last Thai suicide covered? 

Actually the Thaiger just ran a story about how suicide of Thais is way up because of the pandemic and the financial stress and depression that lockdowns and restrictions have caused. 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:33 PM, Markwick said:

Grow up face facts 

I am retired here in Pattaya now, but started visiting here in the mid-1990's.

What I see is the greed of developers and city officials allowing way more growth than the infrastructure can handle.  Along with that is that with all the extra taxation, the City has barely maintained and certainly not improved much of anything I can think of.  

My view is that in the last 25+ years here, no street improvements, no sidewalk improvements, and minimal improvements at all to the infrastructure in Pattaya.  Yet many many new condos and hotels built and relying on top knotch salespeople and online sites to get them sold or used by holiday goers.  

Greed by land developers and money in the city coffers that the public never benefits from. Money for Beach road improvements, Bali Hai improvement has sit idley in someones pocket since November, 2019 as neither of these projects have been started other than a few trees removed on the north end of Pattaya Beach. 

Am not a business man, yet every developer here should have made street improvements, sewerage improvements and the like contingent on them bulding here. Because they were not and do not seem concerned with long term revenue from their projects, they are all now suffering

• Like 3