News Forum - Thailand News Update | Thais are suffering from stress & Sandbox update

Thaiger

Many Thais are suffering from stress, depression and burnout, putting themselves at risk of committing suicide in the wake of nearly 2 years of Thailand’s Covid response.The Director-general of the Department of Mental Health has completed a comprehensive online survey and assessment of the mental health of more than 2.5 million people.Some of the headline findings… 8.4% or respondents say they are suffering from stress. 9.9% are prone to depression. A worrying 5.5% are at risk of committing suicide. And 4.2% say they are suffering from burnout. She also noted that about half of post-Covid infection cases still have physical […]

The story Thailand News Update | Thais are suffering from stress & Sandbox update as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Depression and feeling life at the present time  is hopeless  .

I sit at my home and collect monthly private and govt checks from the USA  !My biggest concern is my health pushing 69 with old age setting in.

I think I’m very fortunate compared to many others who have financially /emotionally struggled because of the obvious covid restrictions! I can only imagine what it would be like not having or going without basic life necessities.

As far as I know,At present the immediate family here are doing ok !

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, riclag said:

Depression and feeling life at the present time  is hopeless  .

I sit at my home and collect monthly private and govt checks from the USA  !My biggest concern is my health pushing 69 with old age setting in.

I think I’m very fortunate compared to many others who have financially /emotionally struggled because of the obvious covid restrictions! I can only imagine what it would be like not having or going without basic life necessities.

As far as I know,At present the immediate family here are doing ok !

Pretty much home bound for now. However  things are OK  along with family and friends. I'd advise people from crowded places, especially bars and entertainment sports. Predictably Pattaya saw a big increase today.