News Forum - Two police officers ordered to pick up dog poop as punishment for minor violation

Thaiger

As punishment for a minor violation, two police officers have been ordered to pick up dog poop outside of the local station for the next month. Apparently, the officers have been parking their cars in spaces reserved for residents. When their superior officer found out, they were ordered to do pick up dog faeces during their community service outings throughout the month. Every Monday and Wednesday, the Muang Singburi Provincial Police Station in central Thailand participates in the royal institution’s volunteer project “Doing Good Deeds for Country and People,” the police superintendent told Thai media. So, while the other officers […]

The story Two police officers ordered to pick up dog poop as punishment for minor violation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

As punishment for a minor violation, two police officers have been ordered to pick up dog poop outside of the local station for the next month. Apparently, the officers have been parking their cars in spaces reserved for residents. When their superior officer found out, they were ordered to do pick up dog faeces during their community service outings throughout the month. Every Monday and Wednesday, the Muang Singburi Provincial Police Station in central Thailand participates in the royal institution’s volunteer project “Doing Good Deeds for Country and People,” the police superintendent told Thai media. So, while the other officers […]

The story Two police officers ordered to pick up dog poop as punishment for minor violation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ohhh Shit.

• Haha 3

"Many Thais consider the punishment shameful and humiliating, but the police superintendent says he didn’t intend to embarrass or devalue anyone."

The usual face-saving statement. The whole point of it is discipline for making a mistake:
"When their superior officer found out, they were ordered to do pick up dog faeces during their community service outings throughout the month."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

punishment for a minor violation, two police officers have been ordered to pick up dog poop

Shihtzu make of dog .?

• Haha 1

It's a volunteer project in which 2 officers were forced to perform a demenial kind of task. This is how it might have went down (in parts):

... > Yes, of course it's completely voluntary. 

... > No, you're not forced, it's just a suggestion, didn't I make that clear already?

... > The alternative you ask? Well, just good-bye from me and I'd wish you incredible luck at finding employment at another station in this province (We're tracked on FB right now, capisce?)

< Ok boss, but will you at least equip us with turd grabbers?

> Get out! Just do your voluntary job as I ordered you to do!

Big deal. So if they can give out the shite then they can take it. 

These cops are not Hi-So's and so it doesn't affect them one bit of anything. so i say again- So F-n what!

1. All people who work for a living should be treated with respect and not be subjected to humiliating treatment.

2. Senior staff of the Royal Thai Police Department should not engage in antics that tend to demean the police force, its image or its authority.

1. & 2. are valid whether you hold this organization in high esteem or not. This is a management failure that should now be addressed at a higher level.

Edited by PQBC
further clarification of point 2.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PQBC said:

1. All people who work for a living should be treated with respect and not be subjected to humiliating treatment.

2. Senior staff of the Royal Thai Police Department should not engage in antics that tend to demean the police force.

1. & 2. are valid whether you hold this organization in high esteem or not.

I would imagine picking up the shit needs to be done

So using a job no one wants to do is a common punishment for infractions

Happens all the time

If i had my way anyone is caught stealing from household he or she should be paraded through there city or town center  with a pair of orange overalls on with I am a thief on the back of them, They wouldn't do it again.

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh dear God you really dont want the plastic bag treatment there if they have already been using them for other activities. 

Lucky that Joe Ferrari is in jail, or else he'd have tried it. 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PQBC said:

2. Senior staff of the Royal Thai Police Department should not engage in antics that tend to demean the police force, its image or its authority.

1. & 2. are valid whether you hold this organization in high esteem or not. This is a management failure that should now be addressed at a higher level.

1) All people should be treated with respect and not have their car parking spaces appropriated. If the cops wanted to rent the spots I’m sure something could have been  worked out. 

2) Looks to me as if the senior staff are sending a message. Give shit and you get shit back in return. 

Summary: this is not a management failure. It’s a win for police PR and a rarely seen demonstration to both the cops and the aggrieved citizens that no-one should be above the law. Trying to blame management is an attempt at portraying the guilty as victims. If it was my parking spot and I was forced to park away from my home, I’d be feeding the local dogs as much chilli laced prime beef as they wanted and taking them for hourly walkies around the cop shop. 

12 hours ago, whitesnake said:

This is great news!!  Instead of a brown paper bag with 500 baht tourists' "no helmet" fines, they now have a brown paper bag full of dog turds!!! Matches the colour of their uniform too....

Dog turds? Police?.... "same same" as they say in Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Seems lot a lot of dislike for a trivial 20AUD fine. 

And not wearing a helmet is an offense. And wearing a helmet is the right thing to do. 

If you're like me you waste 500 baht in a day or two on frivolous expenses. 

They do a hard job dealing with arrogant foreigners who don't want to follow the law. I say pay them what they ask and thank them for doing their job and maybe saving a life.