News Forum - Less sex with condoms during pandemic, leading manufacturer says drop in sales

Thaiger

Many people across the globe aren’t using condoms during sex. Sales for the contraceptive have reportedly dropped drastically during the pandemic for the world’s largest condom manufacturer, Karex. According to a report by Nikkei Asia, the Malaysian manufacturer, which supplies condoms to leading brands like Durex and ONE, says the use of its products has plummeted by 40%. Some would think that more people would have more sex since people were forced to stay at home, and in turn, they’d buy more condoms. Karex even estimated that the demand for condoms would grow at “double digits,” it didn’t, according to […]

The story Less sex with condoms during pandemic, leading manufacturer says drop in sales as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Interestingly birth rates are also dropping in most countries which means overall people have less sex. I'd like to see a study on the coloration between Covid, vaccins and infertility. Stress probably plays a big role too..

21 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Sales for the contraceptive have reportedly dropped drastically during the pandemic

Gone abit flaccid then ..

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Liamsiam said:

Interestingly birth rates are also dropping in most countries which means overall people have less sex. I'd like to see a study on the coloration between Covid, vaccins and infertility. Stress probably plays a big role too..

How about the social distancing panic? No one meets anyone else anymore.... 

Miss leading information.  Durex and ONE sales are down because the Brand Okamoto has skyrocketed the past 4 years (do your google search).  In last summers Olympics for the first time in history they changed from Trojan condoms.  Changing to Okamoto because the athletes requested this brand.  Clearly a sign that this is the BEST condom to use (Preferred by Athletes from all over the world 555).  Those of us who use condoms daily in Amazing Thailand know this is the go to condom.   

46 minutes ago, Liamsiam said:

Also, the experience of constantly having your current kid(s) around - during long periods when school, daycare, sports clubs, ... were/are closed - must be a very powerful incentive for not having another one.

PS: I'd be genuinely aghast if people who manage to spell "correlation" as "coloration" would have a go at interpreting such studies.

• Like 1

Birth rate have nothing to do with the amount of sex people are having.  Birth rate means people are having fewer children.   NOT less sex.   My 3 daughters (24-28 years old) along with their friends are having far more sex than we did 20 years ago.  Because they can.   And not having babies because they want to have fun and travel.   In fact at 64 I am having far more sex than I did at 20, 30, 40... till I moved to Thailand at 55.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Liamsiam said:

I think a lot of the reduction in condom use is sexual activity has temporarily dropped during the pandemic, you can imagine many couples etc are working from home and are going out less and so soon get bored with each other or have less interest as they are not used to spending so many hours at once with each other. 

But of course the main cause of how many condoms are sold is due to 'inflation', but in many guys cases it is due to 'deflation'. 🤣

• Haha 1

So more HIV and then more babies to replace the eldery dying in some countries? China is not allowed, except them to have a decline in their population. They need to decrease by 30% - 40% decline to be ok for our planet already. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Who is Miss Leading Information? 

Miss Leading, a famous anti-condom activist is misleading couples on the benefits of their use hence less sales, it seemed plain to me. 😂

Edited by JamesR
typo

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Just because they sell less condoms, it doesn't mean less sex with condoms... At least with Asian versions, it's way too small anyways 

".....it's way too small anyways"

I have read there are tablets to remedy that problem allowing you to use full sized condoms. 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Miss Leading, a famous anti-condom activist is misleading couples on the benefits of their use hence less sales, it seemed plain to me. 😂

Why?  I am thinking now.  But point 1 is fine

Is it...ok with you? 

5 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

Also, the experience of constantly having your current kid(s) around - during long periods when school, daycare, sports clubs, ... were/are closed - must be a very powerful incentive for not having another one.

PS: I'd be genuinely aghast if people who manage to spell "correlation" as "coloration" would have a go at interpreting such studies.

Ever heard of autocorrect on smartphones ? 

7 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I cannot use them as they usually burn up on re-entry.

You need the ones NASA supplied to astronauts who went up the ISS

8 hours ago, Liamsiam said:

I'd like to see a study on the coloration between Covid, vaccins and infertility.

Condoms are not the problem in Thailand …. It’s now the increased fore play that has been advised by the Thai Department of Health ….

Safe sex guidelines by Thailand’s Department of Health…

1. Wash your hands and shower before and after having sex.
  2. Avoid kissing because the Covid-19 virus can be spread through saliva.
  3. Refrain from doing oral sex or having anal sex as Covid-19 virus can be contaminated in faeces
  4. Use condoms, dental dams, and rubber gloves to reduce contact with saliva or other types of secretions.
  5. Wear masks to cover your nose and mouth during sex to prevent the spread of infection through heavy breathing.
  6. Favour positions where you are not face-to-face while having sex to avoid contact with saliva or other secretions and spend as little time as possible (Basically, have a quickie.)
  7. Avoid group sex or swapping sex partners.
  8. Use disinfectants such as 70% alcohol, detergent, bleach to clean the sleeping area or the surface where sex was performed.
  9. Condoms, disposable tampons, dental dams, and rubber gloves infected with secretions should be thrown away in a covered bin.

54 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Condoms are not the problem in Thailand …. It’s now the increased fore play that has been advised by the Thai Department of Health ….

Safe sex guidelines by Thailand’s Department of Health…

1. Wash your hands and shower before and after having sex.
  2. Avoid kissing because the Covid-19 virus can be spread through saliva.
  3. Refrain from doing oral sex or having anal sex as Covid-19 virus can be contaminated in faeces
  4. Use condoms, dental dams, and rubber gloves to reduce contact with saliva or other types of secretions.
  5. Wear masks to cover your nose and mouth during sex to prevent the spread of infection through heavy breathing.
  6. Favour positions where you are not face-to-face while having sex to avoid contact with saliva or other secretions and spend as little time as possible (Basically, have a quickie.)
  7. Avoid group sex or swapping sex partners.
  8. Use disinfectants such as 70% alcohol, detergent, bleach to clean the sleeping area or the surface where sex was performed.
  9. Condoms, disposable tampons, dental dams, and rubber gloves infected with secretions should be thrown away in a covered bin.

As you said: "It’s now the increased fore play that has been advised by the Thai Department of Health …."

The biggest step we can take is to decrease the four play.....😇

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Many people across the globe aren’t using condoms during sex. Sales for the contraceptive have reportedly dropped drastically during the pandemic for the world’s largest condom manufacturer, Karex. According to a report by Nikkei Asia, the Malaysian manufacturer, which supplies condoms to leading brands like Durex and ONE, says the use of its products has plummeted by 40%. Some would think that more people would have more sex since people were forced to stay at home, and in turn, they’d buy more condoms. Karex even estimated that the demand for condoms would grow at “double digits,” it didn’t, according to […]

The story Less sex with condoms during pandemic, leading manufacturer says drop in sales as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The truth is more likely that fewer people are having sex. Thus making condom purchases useless, like my gym membership.