News Forum - Hospitals must urgently admit children infected with Covid, have proper medication on hand

Thaiger

After reports that an 8 month old sick with Covid-19 had to wait in a queue before being treated at a hospital, the government is instructing all hospitals in Thailand to admit child Covid-19 patients immediately, adding that no child infected with the virus should be turned down and staff must have the appropriate medication on hand to treat them. The deputy government spokesperson said yesterday that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has directed the Public Health Ministry to make sure children affected with the coronavirus are given treatment at public and private hospitals. She continued by saying that the prime minister is […]

The story Hospitals must urgently admit children infected with Covid, have proper medication on hand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Children are the future and so far the greatest effort has been focused on the elderly. Perhaps in reality, we should have concentrated our efforts on both ends of the age spectrum. It's easy to be wise in hindsight. Slowly, but surely, we are getting the 5-11 year olds vaccinated. Then there's the booster shots...and the booster for the booster! We can only hope that Omicron or maybe the French variant that's emerging sees the end of Covid. Time will tell.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Transam said:

I thought we lived in a world where the children always came first, do you have a problem with that..?

I think you did not read my post well. You are exhibiting the knee jerk reaction I spoke of. Children are very important of course. But hospitalization for a mild illness among children is ludicrous. 
And using your logic against you… are you saying people over 65 are expendable? Think about it.

Edited by Wormwood
Typo

No it doe's not a knee jerk reaction. Children are being protected the same as elderly. Covid does not have an age restriction. Protect and survive the best defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wormwood said:

So the least affected group of people (children) get first priority over the people at high risk? That make no sense. Sure if a child is having a very difficult time with Covid, then yes admit them. But this emotional PR sentiment shouldn’t fool anyone. But many won’t bother to question the narrative.
In fact children have a higher chance of being hospitalized with myocarditis due to the vaccine than from the virus itself. Myocarditis has been reported in vaccinated children, however symptoms are usually mild to moderate. The point is Covid in children is mild… very mild. Hospitalization is not often not necessary.

https://www.truthforhealth.org/fact-sheets-and-position-statements/

I already know many people will have a negative knee jerk reaction to my post. But at least look into it. For every doctor that pushes the vaccine there is another just as qualified doctor against it. Why then is the pro vaccine side being heard? Easy government pushes the pro vaccine narrative and suppresses all other information. The truth is always worth the work to find it. But the lie is easier to sell.

I disagree with your last paragraph, but I'll withhold my opinion about it because do generally agree with the one before it. There's only one occurrence mentioned (the one that gathered enough social media attention), but even a relatively small number should not result in an immediate (knee-jerk-driven) directive to change how hospitals should prioritize or an overruling of admittance criteria. If the government wants to raise the average life span and is less interested in elders that need care to prolong their life for a bit longer (which actually makes some sense, but never mind), just come out and say it, investigate, introduce arbitrage and, above all, be transparent about it.

20 minutes ago, vlad said:

No it doe's not a knee jerk reaction. Children are being protected the same as elderly. Covid does not have an age restriction. Protect and survive the best defense.

And that statement proves you don’t know what you are talking about. The information is available you just have to read. I won’t try to change your mind. Just the facts are against you. Your entitle to your opinion just not your own facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I checked out this group. As suspected they are aligned to extreme right wing politics in the USA, including working with Alex Jones from Infowars on misinformation. To put it bluntly anyone aligning themsekves to their politically motivated BS should take a long look in the mirror. 

Dr. Peter McCullough joins Alex Jones live in studio

https://www.truthforhealth.org/updates/vaccine-news/

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PBS said:

I checked out this group. As suspected they are aligned to extreme right wing politics in the USA, including working with Alex Jones from Infowars on misinformation. To put it bluntly anyone aligning themsekves to their politically motivated BS should take a long look in the mirror. 

Dr. Peter McCullough joins Alex Jones live in studio

https://www.truthforhealth.org/updates/vaccine-news/

Just Right wing not extreme. Alex Jones is nuts. But Peter McCullough is good. 

21 minutes ago, Wormwood said:

Just Right wing not extreme. Alex Jones is nuts. But Peter McCullough is good. 

Perhaps so with anyone aligned to US right wing politics, but not mine. IMO anyone working with Jones should be ignored, tainted beyond redemption

Edited by PBS
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PBS said:

Perhaps so with anyone aligned to US right wing politics, but not mine. IMO anyone working with Jones should be ignored, tainted beyond redemption

To be honest normally I would agree with you completely about Alex Jones. I question the reason anyone would aline with Jones.

However, I have followed Dr. Peter McCullough long enough to trust his medical opinion. He is a well documented and respected Cardiologist.

If anyone is interested in at least hearing a well thought out case against the Vaccine mandate I would refer you to Dr. McCullough. Even if you don’t change your mind afterwards at least you have heard both sides clearly.

Best wishes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wormwood said:

So the least affected group of people (children) get first priority over the people at high risk? That make no sense. Sure if a child is having a very difficult time with Covid, then yes admit them. But this emotional PR sentiment shouldn’t fool anyone. But many won’t bother to question the narrative.
In fact children have a higher chance of being hospitalized with myocarditis due to the vaccine than from the virus itself. Myocarditis has been reported in vaccinated children, however symptoms are usually mild to moderate. The point is Covid in children is mild… very mild. Hospitalization is not often not necessary.

https://www.truthforhealth.org/fact-sheets-and-position-statements/

I already know many people will have a negative knee jerk reaction to my post. But at least look into it. For every doctor that pushes the vaccine there is another just as qualified doctor against it. Why then is the pro vaccine side being heard? Easy government pushes the pro vaccine narrative and suppresses all other information. The truth is always worth the work to find it. But the lie is easier to sell.

You know what else causes Myocarditis?

Covid 19.

Take your conspiracy theory nonsense elsewhere. 

Obviously you can’t read. I never said anything conspiracy related. All medical professionals agree that one side affect of the vaccine is myocarditis.

reread the post… see if it sinks in or not. If not sorry your an idiot.

9 minutes ago, Wormwood said:

Obviously you can’t read. I never said anything conspiracy related. All medical professionals agree that one side affect of the vaccine is myocarditis.

Without detracting or supporting your presentation of  information there is professional medical opinion that supports  both sides in that yes being infected  with Covid-19 or being vaccinated against has verified "association" with myocarditis ! What is lost in the debate is that the vaccines demonstrably reduce other potentially destructive impact whereas if myocarditis is an induced side effect  it can be treated to avert serious outcome more successfully than in an unvaccinated  patient presenting with multiple physiological impact from the virus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convert54 said:

Without detracting or supporting your presentation of  information there is professional medical opinion that supports  both sides in that yes being infected  with Covid-19 or being vaccinated against has verified "association" with myocarditis ! What is lost in the debate is that the vaccines demonstrably reduce other potentially destructive impact whereas if myocarditis is an induced side effect  it can be treated to avert serious outcome more successfully than in an unvaccinated  patient presenting with multiple physiological impact from the virus.

Well stated. However, the the original post by the Thaiger was concerning children. In a majority of cases in children are mild and do not require medical intervention. Symptoms in MOST children have been likened to a mild flu. In these cases of mild flu like symptoms adding the possibility of myocarditis seems a needless risk. Granted myocarditis is very treatable. But Covid in young children is tolerated better then even myocarditis. 
Back to the point. Why take up hospital space with mild cases when the space can be better used for more serious cases? If the child exhibits serious symptoms by all means put them to the front of the line. But a sweeping policy that put all children regardless of case severity seems an irresponsible and reckless policy.

• Thanks 1

I'd be much more curious to learn the percentage of these "infections" that are truly severe enough to require hospitalizations. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wormwood said:

Well stated. However, the the original post by the Thaiger was concerning children. In a majority of cases in children are mild and do not require medical intervention. Symptoms in MOST children have been likened to a mild flu. In these cases of mild flu like symptoms adding the possibility of myocarditis seems a needless risk. Granted myocarditis is very treatable. But Covid in young children is tolerated better then even myocarditis. 
Back to the point. Why take up hospital space with mild cases when the space can be better used for more serious cases? If the child exhibits serious symptoms by all means put them to the front of the line. But a sweeping policy that put all children regardless of case severity seems an irresponsible and reckless policy.

Magic word ....Policy. As put  in  another post the presentation of severe need for medical intervention is probably already catered for by policy without some reactionary declaration seemingly attempting to  garner popular support for the sake of it.

Alternatively the emphasis of  wording  by media attempt in interpretation of a much less dramatic  but  meaningful caution to avoid systemic temptations to give priority to  vocal and possibly well financially placed people  ahead  of children is worth consideration?

26 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Magic word ....Policy. As put  in  another post the presentation of severe need for medical intervention is probably already catered for by policy without some reactionary declaration seemingly attempting to  garner popular support for the sake of it.

Alternatively the emphasis of  wording  by media attempt in interpretation of a much less dramatic  but  meaningful caution to avoid systemic temptations to give priority to  vocal and possibly well financially placed people  ahead  of children is worth consideration?

Again well said, and I do agree. Thanks

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

I'd be much more curious to learn the percentage of these "infections" that are truly severe enough to require hospitalizations. 

You won't because the number would be so low as to be laughable, but anything to keep the fear going for as long as possible.

• Like 1

Do you think....just maybe, this Dr Peter dude is wittering on about myocarditis because he is a cardiologist?  As in something he might know about.

As opposed to an infectious diseases expert.  Who would know about covid.

23 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

You won't because the number would be so low as to be laughable, but anything to keep the fear going for as long as possible.

The universal practice of the last two years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

We just found out in the U.S. after a Supreme Court justice couldn't keep her incorrect opinion, obviously biased mouth shut and simply stick to doing her job of objectively interpreting the constitution and case law. Lol. 100,000 kids are in serious condition... Wrong! we are in a pandemic of cognitive dissonance, and have never been in a true pandemic of sick and dying people. 

• Like 1

Note from Moderators

Topic is locked for further comment pending completion of a review of posts reported for allegedly containing misleading information and/or potential misinformation.

Members are reminded that they are responsible for properly checking the validity of items quoted in their posts. This includes validating they have supplied supporting sources for inferred facts in their opinions.

• Like 1