problems

  • Thailand

    Aghast! Outages for The Thaiger

    Sincere apologies to all our Thaiger readers as we’ve been experiencing some outages as we migrate to a newer and faster server. With eyes on the long-game, we want to provide you with the fastest, most trouble-free experience but we may have some more problems in the next few days. Our YouTube channel is still fine with the daily programs…

  • Politics

    Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe to step down over health

    Japan’s media today reported that PM Shinzo Abe will resign over health issues, in a shock development that will end a record-setting tenure with no clear successor decided. There was no immediate confirmation, and the reports came just hours before Abe was to hold a press conference about his health. The news sent Tokyo stocks tumbling more than 2%, the…

  • Coronavirus (Covid-19)

    BOT responds to temporary breakdowns for online payments

    The new online payment systems, put in place to provide payments related to government stimulus packages, have suffered from temporary breakdowns in the past few days. Today users also reported problems with the Bangkok Bank’s online payment system and ATMs machines going offline. More users are also reporting problems with the governments’ website providing financial support for informal workers during…

  • Pattaya

    Pattaya residents voice frustration over traffic problems and road closures

    PHOTO: Love Pattaya News Residents in Pattaya are venting their frustration to the media as a succession of events and work projects continue to cause traffic problems in the city. The Pattaya News says it has received numerous complaints and seen many comments and posts on social media as work continues to move power cables underground and install a drainage…

  • Expats

    Could you be a digital nomad in Thailand?

    Are you a digital nomad? Working online wherever you can find a seat and wi-fi? According to digital nomad websites, some of the most popular locations to work online around the world include Chiang Mai & Bangkok (Thailand), Budapest (Hungary), Belgrade (Serbia), Bali (Indonesia), Lisbon (Portugal) and Buenos Aires (Argentina). What do all these cities have in common? The main…

  • Expats

    Thai Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce call for overhaul of TM30 laws

    PHOTO: Stanley Kang, chairman of the Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand, spoke to the Bangkok Post about their concerns over the TM30 debacle Speaking to the Bangkok Post, chairman of the Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce Stanley Kang, says the government needs to review the enforcement of the draconian TM30 (and TM28) immigration reporting regulations The TM30, and…

  • Election

    Count continues amid surging complaints

    Four days after the national election and we are still no closer to knowing the ‘winner’ as the county’s Election Commission continues the counting of the remainder of the votes amid accusations of delays and mishandling of ballots in some locations. 95% of the voting has now been completed. The EC says that the results after counting the remaining 5%…

  • Election

    EC urged to clear public doubt, announce results immediately

    by Pratch Rujivanarom Facing a major public outcry over suspicious election processes and problematic vote counting, the Election Commission has been warned by both international and local election observers to promptly resolve all public doubts and prevent the escalation of political problems and conflicts. During the release of an interim report by Asian Network for Free Election (ANFREL) in Bangkok…